MILODON OIL PUMP.....what a joke.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default MILODON OIL PUMP.....what a joke.

I just got my new MILODON oil pump from Jegs...costs twice what the melling does...I have a new Melling but everyone has me afraid of it . SO I ordered the Milodon cause they say they have billet gears and yada yada...well I got it today and open the box and inside I find a MELLING M77HV pump exactly like the 34 dollar POS that I already have...SAME CASTING NUMBERS SAME EVERYTHING...SAME FREAKIN' PUMP. :evil: ..EXCEPT IT was 87 dollars after shipping. I called Jegs who told me Melling makes the pumps for Milodon....Well DUH!!! I can see that Mr. Wizard :roll: ....so they give me Milodon's number and they tell me that they bought a "Couple Thousand" of them from Melling 5 or 6 years ago when they were "GOOD" and that they have billet gears and have been "GONE THROUGH AND OPENED UP AND EVERYTHING LIKE THAT" those were his words. :roll: I said "PFFFT."
This pump is going back so basically I just gave jegs about 20 bucks for shipping for nothing...what a crock. Is there any pump worth a hoot besides the 400 dollar gerators? If I wanted a M77HV I would buy one for 34 bucks not 72 plus shipping.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:57 AM
promod45
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default pump

check out the cvr pump they sell a 4340 pump and a billet pump and they claim that they are billet gears
Old 05-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: pump

Originally Posted by promod45
check out the cvr pump they sell a 4340 pump and a billet pump and they claim that they are billet gears
I can't find one. I can find the billet aluminum one but not the steel one. I emailed them and they said I could get one through competition products but all they list is the aluminum one
Old 05-23-2008, 11:30 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

i bought the CVR billet aluminum pump w/steel gears for $300.
you can give them a call their very helpful 1.800233.0199
just ordered a screen kit and stretch bolt gauge, good luck :wink:
Old 05-23-2008, 12:05 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
I can't find one. I can find the billet aluminum one but not the steel one. I emailed them and they said I could get one through competition products but all they list is the aluminum one
They are Billet Aluminum, NOT steel. The gears are billet steel. Competition Products is the place and although they don't list them, they have pickups for different depth pans.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:08 PM
promod45
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default pump

i have there catolge and they do have a 4340 pump you just need to call competion products and they can tell you, there pumps are very reasonable ..todd
Old 05-23-2008, 12:10 PM
promod45
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default pump

jmarksdragster is right they do sell billet aluminum pumps and they look really nice but they also sell the pumps with 4340 steel bodies and billet gears ..good luck
Old 05-23-2008, 12:53 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

i have there catolge and they do have a 4340 pump you just need to call competion products and they can tell you, there pumps are very reasonable ..todd
Todd,
I have the Cataloge in My Hands,on Page 145 CVR Pro-Lube Oil Pumps,t6-6061 Billet Alu.Housing,with Steel Billet Gears!
Maybe your Book has 4340 Pumps???Mine DONT!
Later
G 8)
Old 05-23-2008, 02:06 PM
promod45
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default pumps

marksdragster, im looking at the cvr catolge for 2008 and on page 25 of cvr they show a pic of a steel body pump made of 4340 part no op455 for a small block and they have billet gears, but the book i have only goes to page 27, that is what i have in my book but i could be wrong
Old 05-23-2008, 02:14 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

Or you could order a Titan through me for a litle more than the CVR Spur Gear Pump in the Billet Aluminum housing and get the real oil pump that is made to order to fit your pan depth and set to the bench pressure you ask for and is fully tested prior to shipping and is oily and wrapped in clear paper to keep the oil from leaking out. That is proof it is bench tested. Each one is tested. You get the pickup depth for what you need.

Only problem is some pans the Titan Pump will not fit because of the way the pan is made. Moroso on purpose tries to keep their pans from fitting but Titan has made slight changes to shape and can fit some of them.

Can not post the prices. Can respond back by email.
[email protected]

Ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -