Ky.Gearheads are Outlawed,Need Help!

Old 05-07-2008, 03:58 PM
speededeemon
SHOW GUEST

Default Ky.Gearheads are Outlawed,Need Help!

If you care about your livelihood,hobby.or property,Please Read!

The wonderful state of Ky. is working overtime to get its KRS.381.770
Section 2. To be enforced in all Ky. Counties. It has been around for a while but now they are pushing it.

My Son and I ran afoul of this law and got the nasty letter that follows.

Your property located in Henderson County at------------------is in violation of KRS 381.770,Section2 in that
it is unlawful for the owner or occupant to permit a public nuisance,which includes accumulation of junked
or wrecked automobiles,vehicles,machines,or other similar scrap or salvage materials,rubbish,or the excessive growth of weeds or grass.You may present any facts bearing on this violation at the office of
the County Codes Administrator,Brian Bishop or Assistant Codes Administrator Randy Tasa at (270)-827-6030 or by email at [email protected] or [email protected] at any time prior to the expiration of thirty (30) days for receipt of this notification.If you feel there have been errors made in these findings you have the right to appeal the administrative official's decision under Article V,Section 5.01(W) of the Henderson County Zoning Ordinance.....................
So..
Some Definitions are needed..Machines..We have a soda pop and a candy machine on the Carport..Bluff City,Ky is 13 miles out and all the folks,esp.
the younger ones enjoy them being there! For $1.00 you can get a pop and a candy bar or any number of other treats.We have even seen the Police on late night patrol getting pop! Dangerous Nuisance?

Scrap and salvage materials:3 Barrels with crushed aluminum cans and
other recyclables! 4 piles near the Garage,but behind privacy fencing,of steel and other parts we use! (Henderson County is obviously going Green,send it all to the landfill ! Recycle Naught!) I did recycle plastic and glass too!

Rubbish:1Large Compost Pile (4'x4'x3')
2 piles stacked walnut and cherry lumber,saved from an old barn!
2 piles split firewood (How I heat the house and shop!)

Our grass does get a bit tall out back of the house! On our 3 acres my 2
registered Hafflingers seem to enjoy it that way! They are broke to Harness and with gas prices going up...We won't be walking!

Old Cars etc. 56 Chevy,53 GMC,75 Torino,75 Olds Cutlass,59 Stude Champ 69 Chevy 1 ton wrecker (used it to clear neighbourhood roads 2 years ago on July 23 no one else could,and many neighbours have used it thank you!) 76 Ford one ton ewb. Mod street 81 Firebird

My son and I do a lot of backyard creating out of our shop! We were recently commissioned to make two vehicles for the HADI Shriners. One being a car that could have both Halves drivable and the other a trick trike! So we got 5 f.w.d. cars,2 for practice! Saving old classic cars and trucks and hopefully uniting them with a new owner to restore them or at least make good use of the parts is another passion of ours! The Hadi vehicles will be done for $0.00,in fact we won't even claim the deduction for a charitable contribution or even get the cost of parts! After all it is for a good cause and we enjoy a good challenge! The old classics we save we usually just break even and in fact many times have lost a bit. Well worth it though when you see one in a car show! No neighbours complained by the way and all that is done is way in back and barely visible from the road except in Winter,or by air.

Here is the Ky. Constitution Location site (I don't want to bore you!)
.........http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Legresou/Constitu/intro.htm..................

....My lawyer..http://womacklaw.lawoffice.com/.....Dax Womack.....

The code [email protected] or [email protected]

Henderson County fiscal court judge. Sandy Lee Watkins,e-mail not known

Our Bank,the account under Property Owners Legal Defense Fund @ Ohio Valley Financial Group.....http://www.ovbank.com/index.html.

As you can tell I am leaving the field wide open to your own means and
abilities! Anything any one can do to help from contacting Officials to speak your mind,(keep it legal!) e-mail or otherwise Please do so!It is going to cost $15,000 to fight all this mess on Constitutional grounds.

I can't win this alone! I don't have the resources to fight a whole dang
State! Please Contact Me or the Attorney! It seems like a big hill but if
we all don't pull together we will all fail!

Thank You,
Will
Old 05-17-2008, 07:48 PM
ALMACK
SHOW GUEST

I live in Bardstowm, KY (Nelson Co.) and I got nailed on the same nuisance ordinance crap in March 2003. My nosy neighbor came onto my property with a camera and took photos of a spare tire, some misc. pcs of scrap metal and 2 vehicles without license plates.

We called the Co. Judge Exec. and told him the non-plates vehicles were for racing, and he said that's o.k. because it was a hobby.

They gave me 30 days to clean everything up, I had it done in 5.

That judge executive and his cronnies went to work on that ordinance right after he got re-elected.

Scum bag politicians want to tell us how, where, and when to live it seems. :x
Old 05-18-2008, 04:51 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by A8388TBirdGuy
I live in Bardstowm, KY (Nelson Co.) and I got nailed on the same nuisance ordinance crap in March 2003. My nosy neighbor came onto my property with a camera and took photos of a spare tire, some misc. pcs of scrap metal and 2 vehicles without license plates.

We called the Co. Judge Exec. and told him the non-plates vehicles were for racing, and he said that's o.k. because it was a hobby.

They gave me 30 days to clean everything up, I had it done in 5.

That judge executive and his cronnies went to work on that ordinance right after he got re-elected.

Scum bag politicians want to tell us how, where, and when to live it seems. :x
Sounds like someone needs a camera shoved up their butt.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:36 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

I LIVE IN WISCONSIN AND EVEN IN THE RURAL TOWNS THEY ENFORCE SIMIALAR ORDINANCES(AKA NUCENCES)BUT BASICALLY IF YOU HAVE ANY CARS THAT ARE NOT TAGGED AND TITLED THEY NEED TO BE OUT OF SIGHT BEHIND A STRUCTURE OR FENCE BUT BASICALLY YOU MUST NOT SEE CAR OR OUTLINE AT ALL.ITS LIKE A LOT OF OTHER LAWS,THEY CAN BE PRICKS IF THEY WANT OR TURN THE OTHER WAY.

MAN I THOUGHT MY RURAL LOCATION IN WISCONSIN WAS BAD... :x
Old 06-03-2008, 07:53 PM
poncholvr
MASTER BUILDER

this is a example of people taking good ideas ,and ruining them-
keeping a area clean, and free of toxins, mosquito's,weeds, rats,and garbage
isn't the same as making laws- to FINE YOU-/CLEAN IT,AND FINE YOU--OR JUST TAKE IT FROM YOU :evil: :evil: :evil:
CHEM WAIST -IS NOT A COUPLE JUNK CARS, THAT SOMEONE WOULDN'T SELL! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
a old mans cars ,and his memories shouldn't be ruined,because he doesn't cut the grass every week--
cleaning the place doesn't mean giving 20,000 in fines,or court costs,just to keep there own stuff-

who's town is next????
Old 06-04-2008, 09:37 AM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

i got the same letter cause one neighbor called the county on me.i,m in kenton county.this is county ord. & they told me someone has to complain before they will come out to look or take pics & they are NOT aloud on your property unless you invite them.there is a ky. state law these yaho's have know clue about( they just look at each other dumbfounded) that protects us somewhat.they will still try to give you a hard time. when my wife gets home i'll get the # for you guys.by the way the tree huggers are trying to get rid of this law that protects are hobby.good luck & i will get back to you guys.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:41 AM
hotrod1024
MASTER BUILDER

Went through this a couple of years ago with my neighbor.Inspector came out personally.Stated to me new city ordinance cars to not have to be tagged and insured.Just cant be on blocks for long time and as long as car can move 3 ft in either direction on its own im good.Thankfully my cars both cranked and moved while he was there.Finally put neighbor in their place and no futher problems.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:11 PM
john858
EXPERT BUILDER

www.lrc.ky.gov/search.htm
search" inoperative" the ky # is 381.770
and try 381%zdoo/770 pdf
if that don't help i can fax you my copies if need. good luck & remember your using your hard earned money & so are they :x