Blowers

Old 05-06-2008, 06:40 PM
deward
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Blowers

Can any one tell me if a B&M blower holds oil and if so how much? I just bought a car with a sbc with a 671 B&M blower and it appears to have two plugs on the top near the front cover. I would assume they are for adding oil. Am I correct? Thanks for any help.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:44 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default blower

yes the front needs oil!!! get the correct oil from b&m its a different type of oil from car oil. you need a filler hole and a sight glass plg to check youre level of oil call b&m they will have all the stuff you need mike
Old 05-08-2008, 08:46 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Blowers

Originally Posted by deward
Can any one tell me if a B&M blower holds oil and if so how much? I just bought a car with a sbc with a 671 B&M blower and it appears to have two plugs on the top near the front cover. I would assume they are for adding oil. Am I correct? Thanks for any help.
I uses gear oil. We use to run 75W-90 in the Powercharger 250 (15+ years ago).

It should have a site gauge (if memory serves correct) on the front of the blower. Fill the blower up to where the gear oil is above the site gauge.

It may (or may not) have a pressure relief valve on the front of the cover. If it does, good. If it does not, then you have to make sure and vent one of the top plugs (drill a .062" hole in the allen plug) on the top of the gear case.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:07 PM
deward
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Blowers

Thank for the replies. The help is much appreciated.