davinci 1050 air bleeds

Old 05-03-2008, 08:56 PM
sc159e
SHOW GUEST

Default davinci 1050 air bleeds

hi,
bought a 1050 davinci dominator and put it on a 522 bbc. this carb was part of a matched set now i am using 1 only. does anyone know what the air bleed sizes should be? i dont believe they are right.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:53 AM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Describe what your problem is and what the idle, intermediate and main bleed sizes you have as well as main jets and PV or no PV.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:06 PM
sc159e
SHOW GUEST

hi,
the problem is it is a older rherer morrison motor that is fresh and leaks down at 2% or less and advertized hp is 825 and i had it dyno'ed and it was down to 756 with a much flatter curve. just a working guy here and funds to play on the dyno do not exist. a friend of mine has a quickfuel 1050 on a 555 and the sheet with his carb says 93 jets, nozzles 35, idle air bleeds .053, high speed air bleeds .037, intermediate bleeds .095. now mine: 94 jets, 42 nozzles, idle air bleeds 41, high speed bleeds 31, intermediate bleeds 100, both are hp models. idle has never been what i would call correct but not bad, no stumble when you stomp on it. on the holley site it says not to adjust air bleeds more than 6 sizes in any direction from original, which i dont know! and my high speed bleeds are at that from the quickfuel numbers. mainly looking for the lost pony's and this looks like a likely place. if it was down 25 horse probably wouldn't be looking but 75 i've got to take a look!
Old 05-05-2008, 12:13 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

I would say you won't fine that much power unless the carb isn't opening all the way. Dyno's can be deceiving, some of that probably is difference between the two and how they were set up. Your jetting isn't unusual, it looks like they leaned out the intermediate and went a little richer on the mains to compensate, a good thing. The intermediate tends to be an issue with the Dominator, anything to lean it is good. A lot of other things can kill power, valvesprings comes to mind. You can try someone else's carb if you can but I don't think you will find anything there. How do the plugs look, what heat range, how much timing?
Old 05-05-2008, 12:31 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jmarksdragster
I would say you won't fine that much power unless the carb isn't opening all the way. Dyno's can be deceiving, some of that probably is difference between the two and how they were set up. Your jetting isn't unusual, it looks like they leaned out the intermediate and went a little richer on the mains to compensate, a good thing. The intermediate tends to be an issue with the Dominator, anything to lean it is good. A lot of other things can kill power, valvesprings comes to mind. You can try someone else's carb if you can but I don't think you will find anything there. How do the plugs look, what heat range, how much timing?
I am calling it what he said difference between dyno's but check the other things he said to be safe.