Its alive!

Old 04-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Alanky
APPRENTICE

Default Its alive!

Well it is not "done" but driveable. I am tickled to death to have it back on the road. After I figure out what rear end I want to build (leaning toward a 9 inch Ford) and get it under there I will start the body work and paint it. I know its not as nice or as fast as any of you guys on here, but I have a blast with it and it might actually see some track time this year just for fun. Here are some pics of how it sits today. Thanks again Olds48 for the disconnect advice. That was the source of my starting problems. I have learned quite a bit from searching through this fourm!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sun wouldnt let me get a good head on shot.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:09 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF ON THAT RIG AT ALL!!!! :lol:

I JUST CAN NOT BELIEVE OLDS GAVE YOU GOOD ADVICE :lol: :lol: ONLY KIDDING ERIC!!!!

LIVELY
Old 04-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Its alive!

Originally Posted by Alanky
I know its not as nice or as fast as any of you guys on here,
You couldn't be more wrong.

Bitch'n truck man. You obviously have worked very hard.

two thumbs up from me.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:01 PM
woodfamilyracing
APPRENTICE

nice ride looks very good congrats
Old 04-27-2008, 08:48 AM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

wow! that is one kick-ass s10!

lol, you know you have enough chrome and alum when the sun gets in the way of taking pics. I like that clean black look with a chromed out engine, really makes it stand out as the centerpiece the truck.

nice job!
Old 04-27-2008, 12:59 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Hey bud!Glad you got your problems figured out.And I got some advice for you,too Lively.....YOUR NOT PROPERLY DRESSED WITHOUT A BOWTIE!
Truck looks great,man.It don't matter how fast or slow it is,as long as it suits YOU.Truth is,when they get too fast to keep 'em on the street,that's kinda where the fun ends.Trust me,I know.Plus I have seen alot of 8 second cars beat out some 6 second,or faster,cars at the track.As far as being nice,I'd say you are making alot of people jealous with a truck put together that clean.I mean that,'cause I'm one of them!.The only thing you should change on that truck is put my name on the pink slip!!Hey,what satisfaction is a million dollar race car that somebody else built?Lookin'good like a good one should!!Now,kepp it out of the telephone poles :shock:
Old 04-27-2008, 01:36 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

nice ride man
Old 05-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Alanky
APPRENTICE

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I have been driving the wheels off of it. I had it at three shows this past weekend. Two with over 400 cars and one with right at 300 and took home two throphy's. Driving this thing around has really made all the hard work pay off.

I have two issues Im sorting out though. You can see one of them in the 7th picture down. The heater hose coming out of the top of the water pump will not stop leaking. I have tried several sealants with no luck. Right now it has teflon tape and teflon paste on it. That sealed better then anything else, but I noticed it leaking again yesterday. :roll: The other one would be traction. Took it to a friend of mines street rod shop and we made some traction bars and they cured about 85% of my problems. Im still messing with the pre-load on the bars and I think it will get better then that. This is my first experience with this style of traction bar, so it is taking longer then it should for me to get it just right. Without the bars it was dangerous....Fun, but dangerous.

Eric,

Since you called the disconnect out as my problem which one would you replace it with? Im leaning towards the Moroso 74102.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Thanks again for all the compliments guys!!

Alan
Old 05-02-2008, 02:50 AM
bowtie4542001
DYNO OPERATOR

Like everyone said, you have nothing to be ashamed of. That is one nice looking ride. Congrats.

Chris
Old 05-02-2008, 08:23 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Use the disconnect that has the two extra small terminals for the alternator.If you don't kill the charging wire coming off the alt.,it will feed the battery and the car will continue to run even with the master off.Ruins the whole idea of a disconnect if you're just getting power from somewhere else.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -