pushrod length??sbc

Old 04-26-2008, 09:06 AM
corenele
SHOW GUEST

Default pushrod length??sbc

i just made a home made screw out style pushrod to check the length of the pushrod that i may need and i came up with 8 inch.that seems to be a little to long but thats what i measured.i have a solid roller and i think solid rollers lifters are a little longer than tapped lifters.the pushrods that came out were 7.7 i was just surprised to read 8 inches with the same block i have changed to a small base circle roller cam but put in longer crower lifters and new afr 210 heads that were the same cc as the old afr heads i just want to know if 8 is a normal size for pushrods i was expecting to read somewere from 7.5-7.7 not 8
Old 04-26-2008, 12:06 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Read the following.
http://www.mid-lift.com/What-is-ML.htm
Old 04-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by jmarksdragster
that's a good read.

I set mine up that way but strange thing is the exhaust came out with the pattern dead center but the intake it is on the header side of the valve tip...but at mid lift the center of the roller tip axle and the trunion are in line so I guess it's correct. ( BBC)