Thread: dominator 1050 hesitation help bbc

dominator 1050 hesitation help bbc

i have a 84 hurst olds chassis car with a 505 bbc it has merlin ported heads, .714 .714 roller, 13.1 compression, 4000 stall. 4.10 gears. 33x18.5 et streets. my issue is i ran an 1150 on the car and it ran ok but looking to pick up bottom end i changed to a #9375 1050hp . this carb had 85 jets square and ran to rich. so i jeted it to 81 jets it seems to run and feel more peppier but i have a huge bog off the line until about 3000 then the car comes alive and hauls ass feels like a throttle stop. but nothing til then i have done just about everything i know how to and still the bog is there. when the carb hits it runs like a scalded dog but i can not get a launch. i have adjusted the pumps up and down no change i changed the squirters no noticeable change now has a 35 front and rear. 38* total timing. this is a street driven vehicle. just need my bottom end back, any help is much appreciated

p.s. carb has been sitting for a few months but seems to run ok just driving only happens when i stomp on it . also since i switched the carbs . while cruising down the road the car will not idle down it runs about 2k until i completely stop then slowly comes down to 1k rpm. thanks again just thought this info may help.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

carb

When I separated my 9375s off my tunnel ram, I had to drill my squirters out to .045 to get rid of the bog on my single dart bbc, worked fine after that. Good luck.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Huge bog, is usually fuel supply. Make sure that your new carb has the large accellerator pump, also check the squirter size.