Racing Battery Choices

Old 04-21-2008, 08:26 AM
JLSTOEC
APPRENTICE

Default Racing Battery Choices

Any thoughts on experiences with racing batteries? I have been running a yellow top optima for quite a while and figured I might buy a new one and use the old one in a different car. As I am considering a new optima I noticed there are several other racing batteries out there and am wondering if there might be something better than I have. Thanks for the ideas.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:42 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Napa Battery for sure ! Longer Warranty and faster starting on all cars I've put them on.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:43 AM
topcat572
MASTER BUILDER

Default batt

Upon the recommendation from Hammertime, I replaced my 2 reg batteries with a 700 amp Napa Orbital, still started fine after a full day of racing , uses a regular charger, and We know the guys at Napa as well if We have any issues. :lol:
Old 04-21-2008, 10:08 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

I have a pair of 4 year old optimas in mine that still work great. I have a tendency to stick with what works for me. I believe the orbital is a similar type of battery, a gel-cell. Whatever you go with I would stay with a gel-cell battery. A drag car that launches hard will splash at least a small amount of acid and we know what that does to a car.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:27 PM
sg1586
MASTER BUILDER

I agree with Chuck........A gel cell is the way to go for racing...
Old 04-25-2008, 09:22 AM
dak697
MASTER BUILDER

The best battery we have run is a unit from Odessey...Absorbed glass mat design...have run them in the cars with no charging system and I have a buddy that put one in his experimental airplane...Will not go back