lps,loc tite other
66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

best antiseeze for turbo

Old 04-16-2008, 06:29 AM
fastturbo
SHOW GUEST

Default best antiseeze for turbo

guys,what is the best LPS antiseeze to use on a turbo for studs, nut,flange and vband copper/nickel or now i think titanum ? thanks
Old 04-16-2008, 08:32 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

i use the stuff by NAPA, comes in a jar with a brush, their is also a
copper medium but could not find it, and it is not a lubercate
Old 04-16-2008, 03:28 PM
andamo
MASTER BUILDER

For years I worked in the oil/chemical industry and worked with reactors and such that were in the 1600 degree F range. The copper based anti-seize will burn off around 1000 degrees F. Do a search on go onto the Grainger catalog site and search out Anti seize. Loctite makes a nickel based anti-seize that I used with excellent results. Make sure you wire brush the threads and nuts good getting any rust out of the threads before applying the anti-seize. And don't go by the "if a little is good, a lot is better" Just put a even coat on the threads. Now, when you start the motor and get heat there, don't be alarmed by smoke coming off the nuts, bolts and studs. This is just the grease used to keep the mixture in suspension. You'll see when you take the bolts and nuts loose a silver/gray coating down in the threads. This is the nickel impregnating the metal. The next time you put it together, you can use less anti-seize. Good luck.