WE LOST ANOTHER GOOD PERSON......

Old 04-10-2008, 02:14 PM
elkymann
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default WE LOST ANOTHER GOOD PERSON......

I hate to report to the people here on Racingjunk but a lot of Michigan people know of a friend of mine.

Doug Cunningham from the Monroe, Mi. area was killed last night on his motorcycle after the 10pm hour, returning home from a biker friends funeral of which his friend was killed by a drunk driver. Doug was NOT hit by a drunk driver and final reports are not out as of yet. A viewing service is almost a sure thing for this Sunday, the 13th of April and the funeral in on Monday the 14th of April and more info can be found on www.milandragway.com

He will be missed by many, had a great sense of humor, was funny, knew many people and would give his shirt off his back to help you out if needed. He worked at the now defunked Detroit Dragway on Sibly & Dix in Brownstown, Mi., and a racer of a White Ford F-100 drag truck with orange and red flames on the front from time to time.
He was a good friend to me, and others, and will be sadely missed by many people. Please pray for his family for me and stop by the Milan site for more info and post a reply if possible.

I am deeply saddened by my friends passing, and hate to see anyone go this way, and not to say I am against motorcycles, but if you have one, sell it..... I want to see you some day down the road. Rest in Peace my fallen friend and race that truck in heaven like you stole it, Godspeed Dougy. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

John & Linda Gould
"The Elkyman" Team
NMCA Series
Old 04-10-2008, 03:35 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Our deepest sympathy goes out to you and his family from myself and my family, You and his family will be in our prayers.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:42 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

X2 and Godspeed.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:20 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

prayers sent and may all bikers be alert, a friend of mine was
paralyzed when a driver was having a heart attack and ran over
my buddy, he had a helmet on or he would be dead good luck all
and godspeed to the family
Old 04-11-2008, 01:41 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

the boys and i here at the shop are hurt and sadden your and his familys loss.it hurts me everytime i hear of a brother going down.im a biker and ol skool hotrodder.we build custom bikes and ol skool hotrods. on may 5 05, i went down because of a 71 yr old woman. made left turn in front of me.i died 2 tms on the way to the hospital. it left me crippled up with brain damage and in xtreme pain.i knew what could and would happen on my bike, as did your friend.those of us who ride know whats going to happen, its not if but when.you have to look at it from his point. if he was riding it was because he loved itand he died doing what he loved.and until the laws are changed and make people pay for their stupidity behind the wheel this will keep happening.again we are so sorry for your loss. you are in are prayers
Old 04-11-2008, 01:43 PM
elkymann
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Reply

Thankyou to you guys who have replied so far. From what I am learning slowly is, he had a helmet on, and was rounding a curve and that is where it happened and in the middle of know where, no alcohol was involved, and I am either guessing a tire blow out, an animal, or he fell asleep, them Harleys have a nice vib to them and can put you out I am sure if your extremely tired and fatigued, and coming from a funeral of a fallen member, I just don't know what happened and that frustrates me the most. I will have to wait till more info comes out and keep a watch in the papers. He loved his bike, family, his dog, and his home which he had built, and that hugh poll barn next to it for all his toys. The service is this Sunday with the funeral Mon. and I hope I can keep my composure, but I know I will loose it when I see his wife, mom & dad, and his kids. I sure wish I could have talked to him sooner and saw him as well, it really hurts me inside as many of you already know. Thanks for the prayers and good luck to you all and be safe and alert at all times if your a rider, PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Elkymann
John
Old 04-12-2008, 05:49 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

deepest sympathy goes out to you and his family;;i hate to hear that another brother has gone down;the only good thing is the brother went down 'with his face in the wind'
Old 04-12-2008, 05:50 AM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

Sorry to hear this ! prayers sent to you, and his family.David.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:42 AM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

thoughts and prayers
Old 04-15-2008, 05:03 PM
elkymann
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default BIG THANKS

Goes out to all who replied. I bet there were more than 500 biker's there, as far away as Calif. & Texas. I got an arm band from the service, and it was a closed casket. From what I heard from his real good friend was, he was doing a good rate of speed around 11pm at night and real dark in Mi. at that time in the middle of now where, and not one thing was in his way but speed, and it looks like he just lost control trying to make the turn, tried to make it, the front end may have grabbed and took him for the side to side handle bar ride of his last breath. Also mentioned was that he may have died instantly from a broken neck from a head first impact on the ground, a field, no water, mud, deer, or tree's :cry: and his face was so badly, well, enough on that, he is happy in Raceway Heaven on his Hog, be well my friend, see you later in life.
Great service, and a parade lap of his truck and many behind him(me included) is in order at a Michigan track, probably Milan Dragway sometime in the near future, the truck needs to be looked over before the switch is turned with his son behind the wheel.

Anyway, thanks again guys for your prayer's and thoughts, it's a big help and I will never forget him, and every Harley I hear, or see, I look at the driver right into the eyes and think of my buddy, and hope these guys stay alive a lot longer and be safer on the roads and take your time, what's the frickin rush?????? :x :x :x do it on the track, not on the road, too many variables to take YOUR life!, nuff said.

Sincerely

ElkyJohn
Shooting for 9.60's in Honor of my friend Doug C. "DAWG"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -