The Good Old Days

Old 04-07-2008, 09:24 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Default The Good Old Days

Where have they gone?? This past weekend I was racin in texas at a big money race and one of my buddys Alex Huffman got put into the wall by one of the locals well to make a long story short there was a few words said and few punches were thrown by both the crews and now Alex has a lawsuit on him and is banned from the racetrack for life I remember back in the day watchin my dad and uncles race and if they had a problem on the track with another driver they would settle it in the pits no big deal but look at how the times have changed :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 04-07-2008, 11:43 AM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default ROUNDY ROUND!

Yep!
Thats Life in the TOILET BOWL!
Later
G 8)
Old 04-08-2008, 09:42 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Ya lol luckily I was on the racetrack when this all came about or I prolly woulda been banned for life also
Old 04-08-2008, 03:34 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i can sum this up with one word.....'LAWYERS"

i do not blame the average guy filing the senseless lawsuits...i blame the attorneys for taking on the cases....

next time ya watch TV...notice all the lawyer ads trolling the general public for class action law suits.." if you took the drug Bayer Aspirin or Know someone who did"...please call us today you may be entitled to a sum of money....

Lawyers are the only ones who win in the end..

LAWYERS SUCK !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 04-08-2008, 04:21 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

bjuice---I AGREE 100%---LAWYERS WILL BE THE END OF THIS FREE NATION THAT WE HAVE[ UNLESS WE CHANGE THINGS AND STAND UP FOR COMMON SENSE]

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: LIVELY
Old 04-08-2008, 07:27 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

COMMON SENSE???Does that still exist in America??I mean us common tax-paying fools got some,but the politicials...no way :evil:
Old 04-08-2008, 10:02 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

OH Crap!!
I may get banned from RJ for life for responding to this thread, but i have to voice my thoughts on this thread.
First i'm an NHRA racer all my life and before that AHRA and IHRA still today.
In my opinion there's no place for fighting at the track. I once saw in 1990 or 1991 where 2 S/Gas guys were lined up at PHX NHRA in the final, they got into an argurament and 1 guy punched the other guy out, the S/gas couldn't be completed and nobody went home happy.
In my opinion it's up to the tech staff if there was an infraction comitted and you take that decission and live with it. and yes i've seen fighting at the track including Mario Anthretti in 1957 at Soldiers Field in Chgo.
But that doesn't make it right.
I don't know what i would do at the age of 69 if some young trup. came up to me and accused me of staging games and offered to punch my lights out because he lost due to what he figured an infraction.
If you can't handle the consiquences, don't race there any more. You made the desision to go there and you have to realize that there are track favorites that will always get the best decisions.
Lawyer's i don't agree with but it's always possible, so you should always think before you act.
With that said i hope i don't get banned from RJ.

Zip.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:45 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
OH Crap!!
I may get banned from RJ for life for responding to this thread, but i have to voice my thoughts on this thread.
First i'm an NHRA racer all my life and before that AHRA and IHRA still today.
In my opinion there's no place for fighting at the track. I once saw in 1990 or 1991 where 2 S/Gas guy were lined up at PHX NHRA, they got into an argurament and 1 guy punched the other guy out, the S/gas couldn't be completed and nobody went home happy.
In my opinion it's up to the tech staff if there was an infraction comitted and you take that decission and live with it. and yes i've seen fighting at the track including Mario Anthretti in 1957 at Soldgers Field in Chgo.
But that doesn't make it right.
I don't know what i would do at the age of 69 if some young trup. came up to me and accused me of staging games and offered to punch my lights out because he lost due to what he figured an infraction.
If you can't handle the consinuences, don't race there any more. You made the desision to go there and you have to realize that there are track favorites that will always get the best decisions.
Lawyer's i don't agree with but it's always possible, so you should always think before you act.
With that said i hope i don't get banned from RJ.

Zip.
I agree.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:20 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Yea well when you have thousands of dollars wraped up in ur racecar and some guy comes along and rips it to shreds ud be alittle pissed too see one huge difference between drag and circle track racing is in drag racing you dont really have to worry about the other guy wreckin your shit but in circle track you got 32 other crazy bastards out there with ya and they could give a rats ass about u or ur equipment so when some body wrecks you you go over and say somethin cause that guy could of either hurt you or alot of other racers that were on the racetrack when the wreck happened
Old 04-09-2008, 10:04 AM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

Im not a circle track racer but I can understand how tough must be to see your car get scrapped because of somebody elses stupidity. but I think the majority of racers understand and respect the work other people put into their cars.

The way I see it, your only competition on the track. if your in the pits and have a problem with your car I will bend over backwards to help get you back on the track so I can compete against you again because racing is where the fun is at! and others have done the same for me when I have had problems with the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -