My other 2 "Lost" deals

Old 04-06-2008, 07:03 AM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default My other 2 "Lost" deals

Since I have stated I won't post to the previous thread, Im sticking to that. In considering my other attempts to procure a vehicle, it got me thinking. Guess I'll offer my behind up for more abuse, LOL!

The first car, I lost entirely to my own fault. Simply, the car was a street car. A used car lot had it. Truthfully, wasn't sure it was what I wanted. Looked at it 2-3 times. When I had finally decided to make a pass at the car. They moved it on, said they sold it. Probably went to an auction. Car sat on that lot for 2 months. That one really didn't bother me. It got me intrigued enough to pursue acquiring another vehicle.

Now, the second vehicle, was advertised on this site. Was pretty much a twin to the one I lost out on this weekend. I emailed and called this guy, same situation, got photos and information. Called him in the middle of the week to set up going to see it. He informed me, had another guy coming that Sunday to look at it. Being the type of person I am, I backed off since someone had made a prior appointment. This would've been a 5-7 hour trip to Missouri for me.

So, taking into consideration what was discussed in my prior thread. I should've said "F--- that", and rolled down there and stole that one out from under him (the person coming that Sunday). Just like what was done to me? I reckon, I'm just too honest, I have a problem with that line of thinking. Irronicallly, a friend of mine suggested to me, we should do just that, He offered to drive.

I've both called and emailed on various cars on this site and others. Looked at one here locally, that one will be someones project nightmare, trust me. Like it's been said both on here and by a couple of my buddies, there's plenty of cars out there. I will just need to adjust to the times.

Thanks for listening guys. Got work to do.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:03 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Default re; abuse

Mr. Swartz, This is jmo, I wouldn't lower my standards for nothing. I happen to think a lot like you do. I believe I do anyway.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:18 PM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

Default lost deals

sir i dont know you but from what i read you sound like a stand up guy.i can understand your frustration. going thru the time and trouble to set things up to get the car and kinda having your heart set on it and bam no more car.but i can see the sellers side too.man on telephone, money in hand. man standing in front of me money in hand. man in front of me his money is green. man on the telephone,his money ive not seen. now if i were the seller , you would have the car now. because thats how i do my buisness. ( but ive been burnt a few times because of the way i do things ) i dont belive do onto others before they do onto you. bet you dont either. thats why you didnt shoot down to missouri to get the next car. good luck my friend
Old 04-07-2008, 09:06 PM
rsrsfishslayers
MASTER BUILDER

Don't know what kind of car you are looking for but I will sell you my turn key mustang but you will have to come and pick it up in oregon
Old 04-08-2008, 04:36 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: My other 2 "Lost" deals

Originally Posted by Oldewalnut
Since I have stated I won't post to the previous thread, Im sticking to that. In considering my other attempts to procure a vehicle, it got me thinking. Guess I'll offer my behind up for more abuse, LOL!

The first car, I lost entirely to my own fault. Simply, the car was a street car. A used car lot had it. Truthfully, wasn't sure it was what I wanted. Looked at it 2-3 times. When I had finally decided to make a pass at the car. They moved it on, said they sold it. Probably went to an auction. Car sat on that lot for 2 months. That one really didn't bother me. It got me intrigued enough to pursue acquiring another vehicle.

Now, the second vehicle, was advertised on this site. Was pretty much a twin to the one I lost out on this weekend. I emailed and called this guy, same situation, got photos and information. Called him in the middle of the week to set up going to see it. He informed me, had another guy coming that Sunday to look at it. Being the type of person I am, I backed off since someone had made a prior appointment. This would've been a 5-7 hour trip to Missouri for me.

So, taking into consideration what was discussed in my prior thread. I should've said "F--- that", and rolled down there and stole that one out from under him (the person coming that Sunday). Just like what was done to me? I reckon, I'm just too honest, I have a problem with that line of thinking. Irronicallly, a friend of mine suggested to me, we should do just that, He offered to drive.

I've both called and emailed on various cars on this site and others. Looked at one here locally, that one will be someones project nightmare, trust me. Like it's been said both on here and by a couple of my buddies, there's plenty of cars out there. I will just need to adjust to the times.

Thanks for listening guys. Got work to do.
Don't you already have a 66 or 67 nova that is already tubbed and has a cage? Man if I were you I'd be aaaallll about getting that one going again. The hard parts done and in my opinion it just don't get no cooler than those two years for the nova.

JMO
Old 04-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Oldewalnut
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Re: My other 2 "Lost" deals

Originally Posted by Tod74
Don't you already have a 66 or 67 nova that is already tubbed and has a cage? Man if I were you I'd be aaaallll about getting that one going again. The hard parts done and in my opinion it just don't get no cooler than those two years for the nova.

JMO
Tod,

My old Nova, admittedly, one of the neatest cars made. When I originally built the car, it was a leap of faith for a Ford guy like myself to build a Chevy. But the Chevy II body style was one I always loved. So, it was the only choice I would make. Funny story behind it, when I originally went to bargain for it, the guy decided he couldn't sell it. About 3 months later, the guy got hard up for money, ended up buying it for even less, On top of that he delivered it to me! Looking back, wish I had taken some picturs of it, had the ugliest flame paint job I ever saw. Was a fun car to cruise in. I only drove it around for about 3 months, then it went to a buddies to start it's transformation.

Here's the rub regarding that car. It truly needs alot of work, not only to update it but to fix some of its real shortcomings. I'm weighing the pros and cons of resurrecting that car vs. buying a roller and building something else.