I want to go bigger on my 65 mustang. bbf or bbc

Old 04-05-2008, 07:55 AM
dragfanatic
SHOW GUEST

Default I want to go bigger on my 65 mustang. bbf or bbc

What would I have to change ?
Would I be able to use my transmission if I buy a 460 big block ford (It's a 4 speed top loader transmission and a 9inch rearend )? I'm going pro-street ,weld draglite rims 18.50x31 in rear and m/t's up front . How much do I need to install a big block chevy and transmission? Thanks
Old 04-08-2008, 08:15 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

You'll have to swap out to a BBF bell housing on your tranny if you go the 460 route.
The nine inch rearend is plenty stout for either motor but upgrading to a good locking posi unit and some better axles would be a good idea.
Charles
Old 04-10-2008, 01:40 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

its funny....i all so easily see FAST ford cars with CHEVY motors.but ive never seen a 10 second car or faster chevy with a ford powerplant in it :lol:

i dont mean to piss off the ford lovers of this site but im only speaking of what my own two eyes have seen that is the truth to me
Old 04-10-2008, 05:53 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by russ67chevelle
its funny....i all so easily see FAST ford cars with CHEVY motors.but ive never seen a 10 second car or faster chevy with a ford powerplant in it :lol:

i dont mean to piss off the ford lovers of this site but im only speaking of what my own two eyes have seen that is the truth to me

You should come to KC, because there are plenty of fast cars with Ford motors in them to bust your cherry!
suicidebomb
Old 04-12-2008, 02:02 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

THE MAN MUST BE BLIND OR HAS BINDERS ON----THE SBF/ BBF STROKERS EAT UP ALL KINDS OF COMPETITION EVERY WEEK AT THE TRACKS AND ON THE STREET

LIKE MY FELLOW RACERS I RUN WITH ADMIT[ ANYBODY CAN BUILD A CHEVY!!!]----AND THEY HAVE NICE CHEVY POWERPLANTS

THERE ARE LOTS OF 9 AND 10 SECOND FORDS OUT THERE JUST OPEN YOUR EYES AND EARS[WAIT -MAYBE THE BOWTIE FLEW UP IN YOUR EYES WHEN THEY WENT PAST :lol: :lol: ]

LIVELY
Old 04-12-2008, 02:05 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

suicide please re-read my EXACT post.all my point was is that......ive never seen a chevy body car with a bbford motor in it!!!!THATS IT,if youve comprehended something diffrent please re-read my post!!!

believe me i know there is always someone else out there that is faster than me,but im thinkin its safe to say the same about you too!

where i drag race www.greatlakesdragaway.com every month they have a nitrous street car brawl.id have to say 90 percent of the cars are gm cars!these cars run as fast as 6.50s in quarter mile by the "chicago wise guys."

maybe its just me but in wisconsin we have an extremely heavy balance of what id call FAST general motor cars
Old 04-12-2008, 02:46 PM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

I am not freakin out over it or nothing. I took it to mean you'd never seen a fast car with a Ford motor in it. I race a sbc but I get it to the racing place in a Ford. :lol: I just HAD to bust your chops a little. And you'd be more than safe to say that I look at a lot of taillights :lol: All kinds of cars. NO WORRYS
suicidebomb
Old 04-13-2008, 06:25 AM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

suicide,well see i was right.YOU mis-interpreted my very first sentence of my very first post.

ahhhh why do i bother..... :roll:
Old 04-13-2008, 06:58 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

No I didn't.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:33 AM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

naa naa boo boo,im right.game over :lol: 8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -