how about plane189

Old 03-31-2008, 08:31 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default how about plane189

hi everyone..i'm looking for glass doors for my nova and was contacted by plane189 from ohio..said he has doors i need;;he has no profile on here to check out so i'm asking if anyone may know who he is and if anyone has done any dealings with him on this site?he is asking $500.00+shipping for doors and i'm on disabilty so can't aford to gamble with my money..no reason to mistrust guy and i'm not at this time.just be nice to know if anyone has dealed with him before or not..
thanks for any information
don
Old 03-31-2008, 05:59 PM
robinhorn
CRAFTSMAN

What part. I have family in Ohio that may be able to look them over and chek the guy out. My family is a good kid 24 yr old Country Boy. We call him Big Country. Not one to take a back seat to some a$$ clown.

PM me if you would like.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:01 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by robinhorn
What part. I have family in Ohio that may be able to look them over and chek the guy out. My family is a good kid 24 yr old Country Boy. We call him Big Country. Not one to take a back seat to some a$$ clown.

PM me if you would like.
don't have any more information yet about him..he just contacted me that he had doors i was looking for.he is now finding out about shipping cost on them.once he gets back to me on shipping and i'm still interested in buying them i'll ask then for his address and phone number;;full name..i'll let you know then..i hate having to ask about someone before buying from them but guess it has came down to this anymore.i did this once on here with a blower i was needing.guy contacted me saying he had a blower i was looking for..i didn't ask about him and just sent him the money..he kept telling me that we had to trust each other.well only person that had to do any trusting was me because he had the blower and my money..long story short i never got blower but i was able to contact local police and they arrested him and he was forced to return my cash[9 months later and pure luck on my side]if anyone interested in who he was then he was a toby baker from middletown ohio;;made me scared to send anything to anyone anymore without at least asking if anymore else has dealed with them..wished RJ had a feedback sec. like e-bay does.i feel it would help us a lot on this site from getting burnt..
don
Old 04-01-2008, 08:16 AM
shortyems3307
JOURNEYMAN

sorry about your blower deal...i looked toby baker up in the phone book and i live about twenty minutes from him. wish i could have helped...if you find out where this other guy is and need some one to check the doors out for you let me know. i live in southwest ohio. i am also on disability right now and always looking for a little road trip, esp. if i can help. matt
Old 04-01-2008, 01:32 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by shortyems3307
sorry about your blower deal...i looked toby baker up in the phone book and i live about twenty minutes from him. wish i could have helped...if you find out where this other guy is and need some one to check the doors out for you let me know. i live in southwest ohio. i am also on disability right now and always looking for a little road trip, esp. if i can help. matt
THANKS MATT;I'LL LET YOU KNOW
Old 04-01-2008, 02:55 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

this is what i like to see racers,helping racers,like if your not to far away than take a short drive for somebody to check out what there going to buy,you never know some times its somebody you race with that you already know when you get there.i live in north eastern okla and i have drove to joplin to look at some heads for a guy,and hell when i got there it was one of our racing friends from our home track,i know gas is high but.wouldn't you like to have somebody do it for you.....its a whole lot better than having a racer friend get burned,,just my 2 cents worth
Old 04-01-2008, 07:49 PM
poppaj
APPRENTICE

I live in central Ohio..
If you get a address I will check them out for you.
Is he a fiberglass dealer?

poppaj
Old 04-01-2008, 08:19 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

Originally Posted by poppaj
I live in central Ohio..
If you get a address I will check them out for you.
Is he a fiberglass dealer?

poppaj
THANKS;;no just a racer that bought them for his car and decided to stay with steel ones instead..