LUCKY MAN!!!!!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:36 AM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Default LUCKY MAN!!!!!!!

Last week abunch of my buddys brought their cars down to the farm to race em on the racetrack I built when we moved down here... And Josh Lowe my really good friend that races with me went for one hell of a ride when his throttle stuck wide open goin down the back stretch. He ended up flippin out of the ball park and landed in my corn field and his the lucky bastard walked away with a cut on his knee. That night my wife and I sat down and talke about it and she told me that if it had of been me they woulda had to have life flighted my ass to the hospital lol which is true!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-28-2008, 09:46 AM
gearhead1011
EXPERT BUILDER

Glad he's ok. I would be scared to death of the liability of having a bunch of guys racing on my property. If he would have been hurt or worse what would you have done? Do you have insurance for that?
Old 03-28-2008, 09:54 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

x2

on the same token..thats why i took much extra time to make sure my throttle linkage (geometery) was smooth opening and closing without hesitation...to go along with this i also installed a TOE HOOK which the car did not have before

140+ mph thru the traps is not the time to have a throttle hang up BY NO MEANS...
Old 03-28-2008, 02:37 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

IF YOU DO NOT RUN A TOEHOOK --YOU ARE JUST PLAIN DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!----KILL BUTTONS 8) AND TOEHOOKS 8) HAVE SAVED ALOT OF NECKS OVER THE YEARS :lol: :lol: :lol: ---RACE SMART NOT STUPID ops: ops: ops:AND LIKE BRIAN SAID[ TAKE YOUR TIME AND BUILD THE THROTTLE RIGHT :lol: ]-----LIVELY
Old 03-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I guess I'm just plain dumb...

Mine has a cable , I always figured if that happened I'd kill the ign. :?

But it's never gona happen to me huh ? ...famous last words of a fool. :shock:

I definitely agree the toe hook is the best plan.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:30 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

TODD74---PLAY IT SAFE---WE KIND OF LIKE YOU HERE :roll: :roll: :roll: ONLY RIBBING YOU---STAY ALIVE SO WE CAN ALL PICK ON :YOUNG" OLDSIE[ HE DESERVES IT!!!!] :lol: :lol: :lol:

LIVELY
Old 03-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I didn't take it personal I just had never given it much thought...til now. :?
Old 03-30-2008, 01:07 PM
NorthMotorSports
MASTER BUILDER

Ya we run toe hooks and an aluminum rod to the carb instead of a cable like on street cars and he wouldnt sue me anyways so I aint to worried about but if he decided he wanted to I got a damn good lawyer since I build racecars for a livin and people are always tryin to get money out of me when they wreck and get hurt but all I got to do is show em the plate that says North Motor Sports i not responcible for any personal injury racing is dangerous and can be fatal and there a vin number
Old 04-01-2008, 04:22 PM
dgordner
JUNIOR BUILDER

Someone gets killed or seriously injured at your facility and that person didn't sign off on a liability form you can bet that some member of his family will come lookin for the farm!!! There isn't a lawer around that will be able to keep the farm. Advise from a track owner of 25 years!!!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:52 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lively
TODD74---PLAY IT SAFE---WE KIND OF LIKE YOU HERE :roll: :roll: :roll: ONLY RIBBING YOU---STAY ALIVE SO WE CAN ALL PICK ON :YOUNG" OLDSIE[ HE DESERVES IT!!!!] :lol: :lol: :lol:

LIVELY
I don't like how toe hooks scratch up my Tony Lama's :lol:

Toe hook and kill switch here.I'm such a chicken that I didn't even trust my kill switch(go figure),got an old shifter cable and hooked it to my master disconnect.Can work it from the driver's seat now.One thing that scares me is where some guys mount their helmet hooks.That be a rouch thing to get tangled up on in a wreck :cry:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -