Thread: summit racing ignition?

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN

summit racing ignition?

Anyone have any input on summit's street-strip pro cd digitial ignition?

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN

anybody????????

Anybody using summit ignition?? Do you like or dislike?

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    I tell ya what..i was a bit surprised ( well maybe not) to find out that Name brand companies are making JEGS and SUMMITT there on line of whatever product JEGS or SUMMIT wishes to market with their name on it..

My latest findings was when i ordered a Jegs 4 gallon fuel cell it was actually a JAZ when i opened the box..the only difference was a 30% lower price..

i would not be surprised if you did a little research you would most likley find MSD,Crane.Mallory probably builds those ignitions for summit to market...

check it out...

Brian
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by bjuice
    I tell ya what..i was a bit surprised ( well maybe not) to find out that Name brand companies are making JEGS and SUMMITT there on line of whatever product JEGS or SUMMIT wishes to market with their name on it..

My latest findings was when i ordered a Jegs 4 gallon fuel cell it was actually a JAZ when i opened the box..the only difference was a 30% lower price..

i would not be surprised if you did a little research you would most likley find MSD,Crane.Mallory probably builds those ignitions for summit to market...

check it out...

Brian
    its amazing isnt it Brian.. I order Jegs brand whenever I can usually ends up being some kind of name brand anyways. Just without the huge price
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Engine Works is another company that sells "good" parts under a "cheap" name.Alot of "good" parts are a joke though.If you buy a forged yoke thru Moser for a TH400 it will show up with Spicer written on it.Hmmm...pay Moser $100+ for it or go to truck shop and get it for $25....hmmm.

I just bought a Summit line lock.$40 for the Summitt or $70 for the Biondo.Bought the Summit,showed up as a Biondo.I'm happy
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    the summit brand ignition boxes are made by mallary summit or jegs dont make anything they just have someone stuff it in a summit box the only difference i see is sometimes the part is not as shiney or smooth thats like their pushrods they are trickflows summit now owns trickflow thats like mr gasket mls head gaskets are made by cometic but packaged by mr gasket so if you dont need a major name on your box then summit or jegs are the way to go