Wilwood Rear Disc Brake kits

Old 03-18-2008, 08:34 AM
jjam
CRAFTSMAN

Default Wilwood Rear Disc Brake kits

I'm wanting to up-grade my rear brakes. I have a old/heavy 63 Nova, I'm using a Big Ford rear end. I'm asking is it better to go with the axle kit with the Offset 2.36 or 2.54 what are the pro's or con's? It would be better to use the vented rotors? But the offset is throwing me off :roll: Any help? Will the more offset need more backspacing on the wheel? If so how much? Thanks
Old 03-28-2008, 08:25 PM
coreyh
SHOW GUEST

I could be wrong but the offset you are talking about I think is determined by the housing ends used (older or late style). You should be able to check this buy measuring the bolt spacing. When I ordered mine that was the only difference I recall. I would get the thicker vented rotors if it was a heavy car. Hope this helps.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:51 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

I just did this to my '65 Nova. Is this a street car or drag car? Do you already have disc on the front? For the right kit you need to measure the bolt pattern on your axle retainer plate. There will be four bolts. Don't just go by the axle flange shape as mine had big Ford new style shape but big Ford old style bolt pattern and that is what you need to go by. Hope this helps.