busted by the banner police!

Old 03-16-2008, 05:51 AM
cruzer0198
SHOW GUEST

Default busted by the banner police!

just a funny story...as I was leaving Gainsville yesterday I snagged a US Smokeless Tobaco banner off the fence, then as I was walking around to see what other banners were "available" I was approached by security and asked to hand over the banner as they do not allow the banners to be removed! I have never heard of this! I have always taken these banners after races! I laughed and told him that I have never heard of that before! Has anybody else had their banners taken away from them before? I even tried bargining with they guy and he would not let me keep it! I understand if it was early but the races were over!
Old 03-16-2008, 06:09 AM
suicidebomb
RACING JUNKIE

Default banners

At the summer nationals in Topeka, Kansas, they encourage people to take the banners! They have guys working full time during the races, just putting up banners,as the fans take them down as fast as they put them up.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:14 AM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Gateway doesn't like people to take banners during the event. But after it's over, take them all. The cheap plastic ones that is. We actually have had people try to take the 3'x8' permanent metal signs.

My only request is if you take the banner, take it all. don't leave the ends of the ropes or zip ties on the fence. We just have to take them off later.

I guess I should have a disclaimer, These are my views and are not the views of Gateway Intl Raceway. lol
Old 03-16-2008, 08:22 AM
cruzer0198
SHOW GUEST

this guy said that they changed the rules 3 years ago and they dont want any of the banners taken. I just can believe that he made me give it back! They got me a good 20 minutes after I had got it so it wasnt like they saw me get it. No big deal just thought it was funny

My best score was at Reading a few years ago, I was able to get the big long Powerade Drag Racing series one!
Old 03-16-2008, 05:46 PM
vegafunnycar
SHOW GUEST

ok today the race was over not sat.

after the race you could have stole them.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:20 PM
sg5492
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Re: banners

Originally Posted by suicidebomb
At the summer nationals in Topeka, Kansas, they encourage people to take the banners! They have guys working full time during the races, just putting up banners,as the fans take them down as fast as they put them up.
That is true I have a ton of banners that we cut down at Topeka.