My V8 S-10 (lots and lots of pics)

Old 03-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Alanky
APPRENTICE

Default My V8 S-10 (lots and lots of pics)

Hello! Im a newbie here and figured I would show off my S-10. Let me know what you guys think!

The above pictures are when it had a 355 in it. This winter I tore it all apart and put a 406 together for it. Havent drove it yet, but I hope I didnt tear apart a perfectly good running truck for nothing! I hope the 406 is a noticeable difference. I have had plenty of 350's, but this is my first experience with a 400.

5.7 Rods

Out with the 355:

406 sat in:

Back on its wheels. I put a billet grill in it, but I think Im going to have to paint it black. The aluminum radiator dominates it!

Old 03-14-2008, 12:34 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Very nice !!
Old 03-14-2008, 01:40 PM
lookingaround
RACING JUNKIE

nice ride. you should notice a big difference in the two motors
Old 03-14-2008, 01:44 PM
nofear57
EXPERT BUILDER

Very nicely done......406 even nicer! I love the black paint and stance you gave it. Its not over done or to busy which some people do. The billet grill works perfect with the package,it off sets the black nice. But yes the rad is over powering. You could paint the rad black to hide it but that might work against the cooling system. Maybe a loovered piece of black tin between the grill and rad might work,just a quick thought? Where did the rims come from,they sure look good? These trucks tubbed are very cool,any thoughts of that in the future?
Old 03-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Alanky
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by lookingaround
nice ride. you should notice a big difference in the two motors
Thanks! I hope I do. I was really happy with the way the 350 ran. I had this 400 block in the corner of the garage for about 5 years. I pulled it out and was going to sell it, but a buddy of mine said I should go ahead and build it and sell the 350 instead. So I did

Originally Posted by nofear69
Very nicely done......406 even nicer! I love the black paint and stance you gave it. Its not over done or to busy which some people do. The billet grill works perfect with the package,it off sets the black nice. But yes the rad is over powering. You could paint the rad black to hide it but that might work against the cooling system. Maybe a loovered piece of black tin between the grill and rad might work,just a quick thought? Where did the rims come from,they sure look good? These trucks tubbed are very cool,any thoughts of that in the future?
Thanks! It actually needs paint really bad. Thats next! The stance is a 4 inch drop in the front and a 5 inch drop in the rear. I thought about painting the radiator, but figured that would hold the heat in more. I think I am just going to leave it alone. I figure after a few years the aluminum will dull and start to turn anyway. So for now it just looks like I mean buisness with that big ole aluminum radiator filling up all of the open area of the core support. :lol: The rims are off a 2003 S-10 ZQ8 package truck. I actually owned another S-10 a few years back that was tubbed and setup for a big block. I had just finished making this one a V8 with the 355 and was not ready for another project right away. I never did anything with it besides let it sit beside the garage. One day somebody knocked on my door and offered almost double what I had in it, so I had to let it go. I kick myself now and really wish I would have kept it. I may never tub this one, but I wouldnt mind having another tubbed S-10 in my future. Infact I bought a bed off an S-10 that hit the wall at the track, so I have a tubbed bed sitting behind the garage.....just incase!
Old 03-14-2008, 10:14 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I think the paint looks great!!!Beautiful truck!!!You should be proud.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:18 PM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

8)
Old 03-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Alanky
APPRENTICE

Originally Posted by olds48
I think the paint looks great!!!Beautiful truck!!!You should be proud.
It is shiney, but it was re-painted right before I got it back in 1999. They didnt know what they were doing or they rushed it. There is crows feet and fisheyes all over the roof and a run on the bottom of the drivers door. Now the paint is lifting in spots and it is going to need a cab corner real soon. But yes I am proud of the truck. It has come a long way since I have had it. A neighbor down the street made me an offer on it today, but I cant let this one go. Hell I havent drove it with the 406 yet! Plus if he bought it I would be seeing it right down the road all the time and that would stink!
Old 03-15-2008, 05:55 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Oh man.If you sell that truck,then have to watch your neighbor drive it by your door...
Old 03-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Alanky
APPRENTICE

Right! Thats why he wouldnt get it even if I did want to sell it. I highly doubt I will ever get rid of this truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -