400 SBC into 4th Gen F-Body

Old 03-11-2008, 09:01 PM
crowe338
SHOW GUEST

Default 400 SBC into 4th Gen F-Body

I have seen people putting the popular small block chevy into 4th gen. f-bodies. can someone tell me if the LT1 k-member is the right way to put these in? if so, what motor mounts to you use? if not, how do you do it, and what be be the less expensive way to do it?
Old 03-12-2008, 04:06 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

do yourself a hug favor and put a K-member under the car for all the right reasons...

also another issue you will have is the motor will sit back under the dash/windsheild over hang making it almost impossible to get to the distributer...you need to consider this..most people cut the car up and box this and make a in-set..

good luck

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-12-2008, 12:50 PM
crowe338
SHOW GUEST

that was kinda the plan, i know how far back they sit and had plans to cut it up anyway, since it will only be used on the track anyways. but, is the LT1 k-member the right one to use? and what motor mounts do i use since it originally had a v-6 in it? if anyone has links to pics also, i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:13 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/

these guys will set you up with the right information and parts...

speak to whomever sales/tech person or ask to speak to BRUCE (owner)..he and i are personal friends..

tell him Brian Mcswain told you to call him....they are just a few miles from me..

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "