Shipping overseas

Old 03-11-2008, 05:42 AM
kdorst
SHOW GUEST

Default Shipping overseas

Getting ready to ship a car to a guy overseas and he says he can wire the money to the shipper, and when we drop the car off at the dock they will pay us the funds in cash.

I called the shipper and he confirmed the same, but was just wondering if anyone has done this before.

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then its a

If he can wire to the shipper, why cant he wire to your account?

If someone were running a "scam", could he involve a shipper? What do you think?

Set up a separate account at you bank and have the buyer wire to you-then you ship his car.

If you do it his way your risk is way to high, and we'll probably see you back on here with a scam complaint.

Just my humble opinion.

Later
Old 03-11-2008, 07:18 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

I would have the money in hand before the car left my possession.

Steve
Old 03-11-2008, 07:42 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by 3dracing
I would have the money in hand before the car left my possession.

Steve
X2 Also if its cash I'd have the money checked with one of them brown money marking pens,don't take no chances.

Like was said above,you may want the money transfered to your newly set up bank account.And never let the car go till funds are clear,don't be the next volunteer,for a scam
Old 03-11-2008, 07:50 AM
topcat572
MASTER BUILDER

Default shipping

How far is it for You to take it to the dock. If its not far, why not, just make sure its good cash. They can print that to. I have seen some some nice looking fake money orders and cashiers checks. Visa travelers checks are the worst. Problem is most banks will take them if You have the $$ to cover them, it normally takes a few weeks to come back on You. Good luck.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:56 AM
sc2265
APPRENTICE

i sold a dragste to a guy from aruba he met me in miama fl and paid me cash
Old 03-11-2008, 10:25 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

It's a scam , dont do it!
Old 03-11-2008, 12:50 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I sold a buddies motor for him it was a twin turbo BBC going to Sweden thought for sure it was a scam when he emailed me. It wasa $10,000 deal and another $2,000 to ship it. I made the guy call me and he did. We decided to do it all through westeren union being I had one in town. I went there said nothing over $2,000 so that was out had to drive a hour to a bigger place that would do it. I talked it over with the people at western union, they said only way it shows up on the screen is if the money is in the account. It did cost the buyer $200.00 do this also. The 2nd 5,000 was via wire transfer into my checking account, to be sure I cleaned all but the min. amount. I got all $10,000 in hand and then had him wire the shipping amount also. He had me ship it to a place in PA some guy that did shipping to Sweden, I called him he had no idea about it but knew the guy who purchased it. I sent it to him like I was told and havent heard anything sense. Was hoping to hear he got it or something but never did. My 2 cents do a wire transfter its safe and easy !
Old 03-16-2008, 12:52 PM
JPdustnya72
APPRENTICE

Default sold overseas

I have sold to England, Scandinavia, Australia, ALL OF THEM WIRED MONEY DIRECTLY TO ME WITH NO PROBLEMS AND THAT IS WHAT YOU SHOULD ASK FOR!!!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 01:24 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I understand asking for a wire transfer but lets be real...we are all always told N E V E R to buy anything via wire transfer because it could be a scam and there is no way to get money back...so it would be understandable if someone was hesitant to wire money...know what I mean? I would never pay via wire transfer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -