Need help recovering money.....

Old 03-09-2008, 03:08 PM
vincef
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Need help recovering money.....

Hello - looking for suggestions or personal help with this situation.

Long story, short I paid a guy advertising on this site $4000 to start a engine build about 2 years ago. Guess things went bottoms up and all money was lost.

I got a local detective got involved and after a couple years of pressure, and a lawsuit, $2500 was finally returned.

Well the person in question up and moved to Cloverdale, IN to try and escape his "issues". He still owes me $1500. I would go the legal route but the fees will quickly equate to $1500 and I don't want to go further in the hole. Legal fees are included as being reimbursed in the original suit, but once/if a person files bankruptcy then you are out of luck. Not going to spend 1500 to recover 1500....

I have tried contacting the local police but not much luck there yet. However, not sure they will do much because of the situation???

Any suggestions on what else can be done to recover this $1500 remaining. I am willing to give someone a partial amount of the $1500 if they can make repayment happen. Not asking for anyone to do anything illegal, but open to suggestions, ideas, and again definately willing to compensation one for help in recovering this money if someone know someone local to Cloverdale, IN.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:50 PM
knova70
SENIOR BUILDER

Looks like you need to make a visit to indiana? :twisted:
Old 03-09-2008, 04:01 PM
vincef
JUNIOR BUILDER

Only a 3 hour drive...... but I would wind up leaving there with a bigger headache after beating this guy down.....

SO that is why I ask a mutual 3rd party that does not have my level of anger with this guy to help in a "level headed" manor. Someone has to know someone in the area who could use the cash and has the time to pressure this guy into repayment.

If I could get in contact with a local police officer I am sure they would like the extra cash and would have the means to keep this guy in check and get him to cough up the money.....
Old 03-09-2008, 04:40 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

i hate to say it,but some times you just gotta let it go.but i hope you can get it back.but it aint looking good.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default Go after him this way

I read your post and had a thought-Why dont you sic a collection agency on him? I did a quick web-search and found the following link:

http://www.highland-collection.com/

This outfit takes a third of what they collect-So you are not really out of pocket-and they will chase him through letters and phone calls. Wouldn't it be kind of fun to know they are harassing the heck out of him? Would you give 35% to recover 65% of a debt which looks uncollectible right now? I would.

If you need to locate him and can't, pm me and I will turn you on to a little tool that will put you right on his doorstep-you'll know exactly where he is.

BTW, cant vouch for any of these services, but may be worth a try.

As always just my humble opinion.

Later
Old 03-09-2008, 04:55 PM
vincef
JUNIOR BUILDER

Yeah - I am stubborn and hate to just drop it because in effect this guy has got away with my money.

I filed suit in MI, but that doesn't do much when a person moves out of state. I can have the case transfered to IN, but that costs $$$$. And lawsuits do not gaurentee payment but with additional $$$ you can garnesh wages and file liens. But again for the $1500 not worth it because legal fees will be more than that.

I tried IC3.gov - no help there yet that I know of, but I recently sent in another claim since this guy moved states.

I had the local authorities in Flint, MI helping me but since he moved I have not been able to get the same help in Cloverdale, IN.

Here is a good indication of the type of person we are dealing with..... I called this guy's Dad about 30 mins ago. He has not spoke with his son that stole the money from me in over a year.

He said last he spoke with his son he was told to die and rot in hell. Since then he remove his son from his will/ estate and said he will get the last laugh : ) It shows the type of guy this person is - tells his Dad to go die and steals money from people without any consiousness..... nice.

Again, anyone who knows someone local in Cloverdale, IN that can help? It would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:59 PM
vincef
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: Go after him this way

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
I read your post and had a thought-Why dont you sic a collection agency on him? I did a quick web-search and found the following link:

http://www.highland-collection.com/

This outfit takes a third of what they collect-So you are not really out of pocket-and they will chase him through letters and phone calls. Wouldn't it be kind of fun to know they are harassing the heck out of him? Would you give 35% to recover 65% of a debt which looks uncollectible right now? I would.

If you need to locate him and can't, pm me and I will turn you on to a little tool that will put you right on his doorstep-you'll know exactly where he is.

BTW, cant vouch for any of these services, but may be worth a try.

As always just my humble opinion.

Later
Thanks Scorp - I know exactly where this guy is at (his address) and where he works. Prob is his work can only take a message and relay that to him and he does not have a phone number that I can find. You have a tool for locating unpublished numbers?

I think he has resorted to a prepaid cell phone - little hard to track a number down.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Default You have a pm

Vince-take a look at your in-box. You have a pm. Hopefully it will help.

Good luck!
Old 03-09-2008, 05:22 PM
vincef
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Re: You have a pm

Originally Posted by Scorpion1110
Vince-take a look at your in-box. You have a pm. Hopefully it will help.

Good luck!
Thanks Scorp - unfortunately I tried that tool, it did give me his address which was great BUT finding a number for this guy is impossible.

I will just keep calling his work - they will get tired of it eventually and someone will start asking questions and hopefully he will return my call.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:44 PM
phr
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

It is not against the law for a "few" people to call his work and leave messages for him to contact you.. like 8 or 10.

It usually creates an urge to get the telephone calls to cease, when his employer steps in and suggests he take care of the callers' concerns.

If the "concerns" are not addressed, the polite calls keep coming in...... until the employer suggests he go elsewhere to work. Then it starts over...

What was the guys name and number again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -