N.O.S. help

Old 03-05-2008, 07:45 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

Default N.O.S. help

we have a alcohol motor.if you put nos to it.can you inject alcohol or does it need to be gas and nos ????
Old 03-06-2008, 02:25 AM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

I have a buddy that runs a small block in a dragster with 2 toilets on it on Alky and he also sprays it but uses race gas for the fuel side of the nitrous because alky and NOS don't mix well. It runs the Jegs Super Quick Series. 4.50's in the 1/8th.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:59 PM
bigray
DYNO OPERATOR

thanks for the input.thats what i thought.but wanted some advice.thanks
Old 03-06-2008, 06:08 PM
thunderchicken
SHOW GUEST

Default nos

I myself have ran my nos system spraying alky for nine years now with very good results. I hear all kinds of people that say no-no but I also run some of the jegs quick races and some local quick 8 and quick 16,I put over 400 runs a year on my engine with about 80 to 100 on nos and the engine looks as good when I tear it apart as when I put it together. My engine is not really radical basic stroker 460 ford with cj heads runs 5.0`s on engine and 4.50`s to 4.60`s with a three hundred shot of nos and spraying alky right off the same bg400 fuel pump. thanks
Old 03-07-2008, 09:55 AM
tyster
APPRENTICE

I beleive I responded to this question on another site for you. NX and Speedtech both have Kits that are made for enriching with Alky. I run Alky but choose to enrich with GAS.

ps. I'm a Jeg's SQ regular. Thunderchicken are you gonna be at Gateway in a couple weeks?
Old 03-07-2008, 04:04 PM
thunderchicken
SHOW GUEST

Default hey

whats up. not too sure yet if I will be there or not. I am putting a new car together for top dragster, and didn't get enough done on customers' stuff this winter to many projects going on. I guess I could take my old car, it is ready. What about you,are you gonna be there.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:22 AM
tyster
APPRENTICE

Yep We'll be there. Only pulled the pan off and had a look and then had the heads freshened up. She's ready to rock.