Thread: worth anything?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar

worth anything?

I took 2 set's of big block chevy heads in on trade for parts, the man needed the parts i had so i gave in, the casting number is 3856213, they are 427 heads, very good condition, closed chambers, didn't measure but seems to have large valves, as some of you know i am a die hard mopar man so i don't need these, anyone have any idea what these might be worth?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: worth anything?

Quote Originally Posted by mopar1968
    I took 2 set's of big block chevy heads in on trade for parts, the man needed the parts i had so i gave in, the casting number is 3856213, they are 427 heads, very good condition, closed chambers, didn't measure but seems to have large valves, as some of you know i am a die hard mopar man so i don't need these, anyone have any idea what these might be worth?
    Oh I disagree!! A Big Block Chevy is E X A C T L Y what that Mopar needs. jk

As far as I know...those are not off of a 427. (could be wrong though)

Those heads are closed chamber ,oval port ,truck heads....off of a 366. They were used 66-70. Unless they have been worked on they have 2.06/ 1.72 valves. BBC "big valves" were 2.19 /1.88

Not worth anything much I wouldn't think...but I am no head guy.

worth

I didn't know about them never ran a chevy, i didn't need the intake or camshaft and his car wasn't running, so just trying to help out. scrap yard i guess.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I don't know if they are a casting that is worth working on or not...someone will know I'm sure. I know there are some "peanut port" truck castings that can be ported into a good street head...but don't know which casting numbers those were. Ed would probably know I'm sure.

i think you can get $200

heads

I have two sets if i could get $100.00 per set they are gone.

Administrator RACING JUNKIE
    3856213....66-82...oval..CLOSED..366T, 427T
    There Is 1 Thing Better Than Cubic Inches,,,More Of Them

To put your heads in perspective, I damaged a couple of chambers in a pair of (far superior) 454 LS-6 heads and they were easliy fixable but weren't worth fixing. There are just too many great aftermarket heads available for those motors now. Even the best iron closed-chamber heads are now boat anchors.

heads

That's about what i thought, like i said i am a mopar man myself, just helping out someone with parts for his car. thanks for the info.
    Head's up the true drag race!!

10. Racing Junk