Thread: Are these good diapers?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Are these good diapers?

Thought the price loked good.Just wandering if anyone had any complaints/praises about them.Thanks Eric

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/11346...AT-Price-.html
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    I just bought one of the non sfi approved and put it on my small block roadster. Very easy to install, of course I have no crossmember to mess with just motor plates. It has four straps running up to the header bolts and one end has a strap running horizontally to take up any slack front to back. I am very happy with it and the buckles are very easy to release the straps when I need to change oil. With shipping it was 164.00, cheap piece of mind I believe.

Curtis

You said "non SFI approved".I saw the ones listed as kevlar and sfi.But the others had a whole list of classes that they were legal for.So what is the difference between Nhra approved and sfi?
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

NHRA approved just means the company has met NHRA's requirements, (probably cash payment :?: ) to be run in the classes they say require one. SFI approved actually has met SFI testing, (which I assume to be ballistic) and possibly absorbsion, requirements but I haven't read the actual SFI test procedure.

Curtis

diaper

Did you buy one? I was wondering the same thing, i need to get one for my bbc. Thanks

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    which classes need these? or is it more or less just to make the techs happy?
    1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
    418ci SBC v8, manual 5-speed.
    dual stage nitrous injected

Here is the updated list by NHRA in Jan. 08 of the accepted suppliers and also the classes that require the diaper. The only problem i see is that i believe next yr. the rule will change and some of the faster classes will require a SFI certified.

The other problem is, if you are running a regional or national event and have an oildown, no matter if you are required to have a diaper or not, you will be fined and that fine is $150.00 the first time even in the sportman classes such as S/ST--Stock, etc.

JMO

Zip.

click to enlarge

Don't know how it happened but posted twice, the top post is correct.

Zip.

Re: diaper

Quote Originally Posted by kwkracing
    Did you buy one? I was wondering the same thing, i need to get one for my bbc. Thanks
    If you are asking me yes I bought one and it was an easy fit. I hope I don't have to find out any more about it than that though .

Curtis

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

diaper

call john harper at harpers ulphoulstry[sp] in alamagordo new mexico 575-437-3293 he makes them himself and has sfi nhra approved and also non sfi hes a racer him self and knows what a dollar means to us call him and he will take time to bs with ya and also he makes a great product we run one of his and the fit is fine and easy to work around. call him for your diapers and you wont be sorry and the price is right!!! just ask for john the old guy lol mike
    to finish first: first you have to finish!

11. Racing Junk