Southern Rods and parts - beware!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:40 AM
my3sonsracing
SHOW GUEST

Default Southern Rods and parts - beware!

I want to know that I had a lot of trouble with Southern Rod and Parts. They shipped the wrong part and when I returned it, they charged me the re-stocking. Not good customer service at all! Beware.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:23 PM
topcat572
MASTER BUILDER

Default restocking

Sorry to hear this, I have had good dealings with them.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:41 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

i live 30 minutes from them..i know the OWNER Tom very well..he's a avid racer as well as a sucesSful bussiness owner..
Iam personal friends with Shane the Warehouse and sales manager..

with all this said...i have a strong suspicion there is another side to this story we are not hearing...this is not the common practice of Southern Rods of sending wrongs parts etc..and not makiong it right if it was an error on their end....they definatly DO NOT belong in the scammer section beacuse a disagreement on a re-stocking fee....

HERE IS THEIR GENERAL POLICY..

About Southern Rods
ORDER By part and page number. Give name, complete address, phone number and payment method.

PAYMENT Visa, Mastercard, Discover or certified check insures fastest delivery. UPS COD orders will be charged COD fees. Cashiers check or money order will be required upon delivery.

SHIPPING Most shipments via UPS or FedEx ground service. 3-Day Select, 2nd Day Air, and Next Day Air are also available at an additional charge. Customer pays all freight charges.

RETURNS All returns must have an RGA (Return Goods Authorization) number on the outside of the box and be returned within 30 days or they will be refused. Call (864) 848-0601 to obtain an RGA number. All returns subject to a 15% restocking fee—resalable items only. NO RETURNS AT ANY SHOWS—NO EXCEPTION! If you paint it, mount it, install it—you bought it. Check your order upon receipt, shortages will not be honored after 7 days.

REFUSED SHIPMENTS Customers will be charged a 15% handling fee on all refused shipments (plus freight).

BACK ORDERS Orders or portions of orders for merchandise temporarily out of stock will be held on back order and shipped immediately when available.

LIABILITY Southern Rods & Parts will not be liable for personal or property damage caused by the use or misuse of any product we manufacturer or sell. Southern Rods &Parts has no control over the installation and/or use of its products. No warranty is expressed or implied. We will repair any product found to be defective, subject to our inspection.

RIGHTS RETAINED Southern Rods & Parts reserves the right to make changes in design or to make additions to or improvements upon any of our products at any time without incurring any obligations whatsoever to install the same or improve upon products previously sold.

PRICES Subject to change without notice. The pricing in this catalog supersedes pricing in all other SR&P catalogs. Reproduction of any portion of this catalog without prior written permission is prohibited.

http://www.southernrods.com/jobs.html

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-03-2008, 07:04 PM
wrewre319
SHOW GUEST

Most places have a return policy that includes restocking fee's. I am in the process of redong a 51 chevy pickup. I check and double check before I order to make sure I get the right part...
Old 03-04-2008, 07:37 AM
3dracing
MASTER BUILDER

I have to agree with Brian, I know Tom also and raced Jr.s with him and Will for years and have ordered several Lunati parts from them and have always had the best of service from all the people there.

Steve
Old 03-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

I bought SFI rollcage padding from them and had no problems David.