632--PUMP GAS--BBC ENGINE--READY to RUN--NEW??????

Old 03-02-2008, 08:44 PM
studio57
APPRENTICE

Default 632--PUMP GAS--BBC ENGINE--READY to RUN--NEW??????

Anyone done business with this C.A.M. Performance , i try to find information from internet but didnt find anything in he`s own name or that C.A.M. Performance company name.

anyone have buy these engines???

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/11331...o-RUN-NEW.html

Please help me, it would really nice to be shure if im buying something from him.
Thanks
Masi
Old 03-02-2008, 11:04 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

The ad is looking an oxymoron.

ALL TOP QUALITY...FIRST-Line BRAND NAME Components & MACHINING & ASSEMBLED with EXTRA CARE !...DONE RIGHT...NO corners cut here
MERLIN---OHIO---MAHLE--WIESCO---COMP Cams---HOWARDS---DART---MILIDON ---CLOYES...ARP...FEL PRO & MORE !

SUPER SAVINGS PRICE...ONLY...$9999. COMPLETE

...A PRICE INCREASE is COMING ! EFFECTIVE FEB 28th/2008....Price Increases by $250.

DON'T FORGET...you Can BUY this 632 also UNASSEMBLED for $7999

Wow! That would be a huge savings. Wonder why he is doing that. Surely he is not getting $2,000 to assemble one?

I would suggest to be careful how you pay.

Ed
Old 03-03-2008, 04:24 AM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

I personaly don;t know how he could put a 632 together, and sell it for $9995.00, and make any money. Unless he is a garage jockey, or just likes to work for nothing. Those "to good to be true" engines, are usualy that.

Frank
Old 03-03-2008, 05:56 AM
engineaction
APPRENTICE

Guys like that are fly by nighters. He won't be around very long. As far as assembly for 2,000. Do the math, I come up with 1560.00 to assemble and paint, based on my shop rates. (degree cam with bushing kit, file fit rings, assembly including heads, clearancing-all stroker, bearings and wrist pins, paint, misc hardware, bolts, fasteners, final washing of all parts prior to assembly).

Maybe it's just a good deal...lol

My advice is ask lots of questions.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:10 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Don't know guys Ole Murray has been around here for a good bit and has had some good reviews..i have spoken with him once or twice by rj message site....

just look at the facts..is all i am going to say

member since 2002, has paid 7 honor payments.....good rating....

lets don't take the mind set everyone is up to no good..lets still hold back some benefit of doubt that their is some good honest people still out here.

Murray has all the good badges and some good feedback...although i DO NOT PERSONALLY ENDORSE Many...i will say Murray is looking pretty good..

and i will gurantee he would have like to set the record for himself on this thread....i am sure he will post before long....

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-03-2008, 08:32 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

I WILL AGREE WITH BRAN ON THIS :idea: ---DO NOT JUMP THE GUN ON EVERYONE THAT HAS A VERY GOOD DEAL OFFERED!!!--I MAKE GREAT DEALS TO FELLOW RACERS AT TIMES JUST TO DO IT 8) 8) 8) ---IT IS CALLED ENJOYING THE SPORT-----CAUTION IS OK BUT BEING PARANOID TAKES THE FUN OUT OF LIFE ops: ops: ops: ---DENNIS
Old 03-03-2008, 10:24 AM
murray
SHOW GUEST

Default 632 PUMP GAS ENGINE

..FIRST of all let me start by saying that the author (originator ) of this inquiry into my Credibility & the seeking of FEEDBACK INFO ....HAS EVERY RIGHT to do so....to be inquisitive about my AD & about requiring FURTHER INFO & FEEDBACK about my Business. For those that are merely saying that the author should be CAREFULL or CAUTIOUS..I welcome that as well...it is only COMMON SENSE to do so....BUT WHAT I do object to is anyone drawing Or making any statement or drawing any conclusion on this matter IF he or she has NO personal KNOWLEGE of this Particular DIRECT MATTER...For some to analyze & criticize my Pricing Ethic's...has no right to voice any other opinion other than to say be cautious or check it out..Not to say Deals like this are "TO GOOD to be TRUE" & inferring that somehow it is a deal to AVOID. YES i would tend to agree that if something is way to low priced it should gather caution..BUT "NOT" PANIC & Start spreading the word that ALL ADS with LOW Prices are BAD... that is true in some cases..BUT far from the Truth in MANY !...Ones persons Idea of a Low Price is someone else's idea of just an average price & to others yet..too expensive..its all in the perception of the the reader !

I am replying to Address the concerns of those who have posted about this subject ...First a little History on me & my Business...My NAME is MURRAY EDWARD WILLIAMS.....I am 58 years of age...I reside in a little town called Lynden, Ontario Canada....I have TWO BUSINESS's...First one is BRANT PERFORMANCE EQUIPMENT INC & is located in Brantford, Ontario Canada & is a RETAIL STORE & WHOLESALE Distributor of Hi-Performance & Customizing & Racing Parts (Typical Old Style SPEED SHOP)...It has been operating for 34 years...I am the original owner ..This operates strictly in Canada....It has a "WEBSITE" (www.brantperformance.ca)......The other Business is C.A.M. PERFORMANCE INC. (Compucar Automotive Marketing Performance Inc)...It has been operating over 15 years...I am the original owner of this as well....it is also located in Brantford, Ontario but with its head office being in Lynden Ont. CAM is strictly in the business of selling Hi-Performance Street & Race Engines & any Related Parts...it operates STRICTLY as an EXPORT company selling it's products to buyer's in the USA & Internationally Overseas. Sorry, currently it does not have a website, but there will be one in the near future. I work along side my Wife & Son who all contribute greatly to the success of both businesses. CAM Performance for years has for years been primarily shipping it goods from Canada into the USA & abroad...but recently we have established a relationship with a Reputable Machine Shop located in Ohio...from where we now machine or assemble or ship some of our products. This move was made to give me a better & quicker access to the US & International Markets without the MANY HASSLES & piles of paperwork & costs involved of exporting across the the US Border..thus LOWERING Costs !

...NOW being in business for 34 years has gained me a wealth of knowledge & experience & as well as the large Purchasing Volume & the Associated DISCOUNT COSTS you need nowadays to compete is this very competitive automotive field. Before I advertise any engine Combo...I sit down & figure out my COST on every Nut & bolt & component & machining & assembly time so I can offer the LOWEST Possible Price to my Customers. I do NOT have a big advertising BUDGET...you will NOT see my ads in National Dragster or any similar big magazine . For the most part i ONLY ADVERTISE with Racing Junk & pay my MONTHLY $125. Dealer FEE which is a super DEAL compared to the costs of advertising other ways. The building I operate out of is an old building built way back in the 1930's & I OWN it & do not have to Pay INCREASING RENT or a MORTGAGE as most do & it is NOT very FANCY...just the BASICS..I know some buyers like to be "AWED" by a big Elaborate State of the art Facility like some of my competitors have.. but frankly I can't afford that. The fact that my family works along side me is also a BONUS in Keeping COSTS DOWN.....

...... ALL this & more all CUTS DOWN on my Costs... that I PASS along in SAVINGS to my customers in an LOW & Competitive Price.

YES some of you are absolutely RIGHT....I do NOT make very Much PROFIT on anyone individual sale...but by selling volume ..I make a good enough profit for my business & to make a good & respectable living for my family...I am not out to get rich like some...I will NOT ever deliberately take advantage of a current or potential customer...so I give them the best deal up front...BUT with the Prices I offer..I do NOT DICKER Back & forth & negotiate a Price..Some competitors advertise a Price along with a "best Offer or Reasonable Offer or will negotiate" which is Totally okay for private sales but in my opinion is not proper for commercial sales .

SO IF ??? some members on here would like for me to to Say I am sorry for advertising such a LOW Price.....THEN I WILL...I AM "SORRY" for Advertising LOW PRICES & for passing my COST SAVINGS along to potential & past & current customers. If some on here don't want LOWER Priced engines or parts then I guess I am doing it all wrong ?...I also assume that in the 34 of being in business..I have done it all wrong according to the inference of some !

I DO NOT just advertise one engine Combo on Racing junk (632) ...IF you read all my many ads you will see that I offer GOOD PRICING on all sizes of Engines & Parts from 350/383 small blocks up to 540/565/632 Big Blocks & Advertised in Parts only Comb's..Machined Ready or Assembly Combo's & Fully Assembled Combo's...ALL at what I think are RESONANBLE PRICES ?........HELL I have had SEVERAL people replying to my ad TELLING Me I am TOO EXPENSIVE & They can BUY CHEAPER ELSEWHERE..SO I guess I am NOT the only ONE GUILTY of LOW PRICES ??

I have been a Member of Racing JUNK "ALMOST" since its day of inception..my MEMBERSHIP # is # 757 out of what ??... OVER 250,000 MEMBERS.....I have a Decent HONOR RATING....I also guess this means nothing to some..BUT HOPEFULLY to those who are level headed..it MEANS a LOT !

I AM also a RACER...& have been RACING since 1969...I started out in Stock Eliminator NHRA Competition & have progressed as most have , up thru the ranks to compete in TOP SPORTSMAN...I ENJOY Drag Racing & all the PEOPLE & FUN it BRINGS..it is an ADDICTION we me & I make it ALSO my LIVELY HOOD..Everyday I get to talk to other racers...talking about products or engines or discussing the customers car or ride & the pride & passion they have for it or just general racing issues or just in general LIFE ! I really enjoy all that & I hope I can keep on doing that for many years to come..Even if I am getting to be old school ?

THIS is the "FIRST" time since I have been a member of this GREAT Racing Site that I can recall that I have had a few doubts my credibility...BUT that is OK...I WELCOME this OPPORTUNITY to "TELL MY SIDE OF the STORY "

ANYWAYS...I think I am RAMBLIN on way too much ?? That is all i have to say on this matter for NOW !

IF SOMEONE HAS some DIRECT & PERTINENT...QUESTIONS" or CONCERNS" try CONTACTING me DIRECT...I am NOT HIDING & have NOTHING to HIDE....My e-mail address [email protected] ADDRESS is 92 GREY ST...BRANTFORD< ONTARIO, CANADA..N3T 2T5....PHONE #'s are 519-647-3102 or 519-647-2568...FAX # is 519-647-3637...My PROFILE is on the site under my USERNAME..... MURRAY

THANKS... for the opportunity to speak on this matter.

MY only "MOTO" is to drive & Race SAFE & ALWAYS HAVE FUN !
Old 03-03-2008, 11:00 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 03-03-2008, 11:22 AM
studio57
APPRENTICE

Default Re: 632 PUMP GAS ENGINE

Hi murray
Im sorry if my add did hurt you some way, the reason why i start this add was to get more information about your company from other people who has work with you earlyer.

As we all know in these days you have to be quite shure about the person who you are planning to send quite lot of money over seas.

In internet there are lot of scammers or people who dont now what they doing.

i would love to hear people`s comments who are actually using your engines.

Kind regards
Masi
Old 03-03-2008, 12:14 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

THANKS ALOT-- MURRAY----YOUR RESPONCE WITH HONESTY MEANS ALOT :lol: :lol: :lol: ---GREAT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ----LIVELY IN ILLINOIS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -