safe deal or not?

Old 02-22-2008, 02:36 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Default safe deal or not?

This is all the communication I have had with this guy.I wanted to talk over the phone ,but I guess he liked messages better.I am not saying that anything is fishy,just not as comfortable as I would be if I could've talked to him "in person".What do you guys think

Mike if you see this,no offense.Just being cautious.

yes

On [2008-02-22 15:37:39] olds48 wrote:
> Can you send tracking number when you ship,please?Thanks Eric.
>
> On [2008-02-21 05:32:15] mike wrote:
> > send 65.00 to Mike Rxxxxx 3xxx cxxxxx st Mxxxxx Oxxx 4xxxx and i will send you the yoke.
> >
> > On [2008-02-20 16:24:24] olds48 wrote:
> > > I am interested.Thanks for letting me know.Call me and we'll set it up,540-793-0221.Or shoot me another message to figure out the details
> > >
> > > On [2008-02-20 16:10:32] mike wrote:
> > > > i have a strange billet yoke that i paid close to 200.00 for. i will sell it for 65.00 and that includes shipping to anywhere in the us. It is perfect condition. email me if interested. Mike
> > >
> >
>

The "xxxx"s are because I figured he didn't want me giving out his address to the world,I also changed his username
Old 02-22-2008, 03:16 PM
wvhippie
MASTER BUILDER

Nothing personal against the other guy but I would want to talk to him. Ask him for his number then you can call him that way he is not out a call and you can make shure the phone and the add. are the same location. Most people on here are straight up but a few will burn you. Good Luck Hippie 8)
Old 02-22-2008, 04:57 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

HEY---IF YOUR DON'T TRUST HIM OR ARE LEARY THEN CALL THE MAN :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ----PLEASE / PLEASE/PLEASE---DO NOT FREAK OUT-----LIVELY
Old 02-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Scorpion1110
RACING JUNKIE

Olds, when I do a deal with someone over the internet, I speak with them and then follow-up in writing. The phone call is to develop a relationship, and the written follow-up is for protection. Rule of thumb is if they dont want to speak there is a reason, and sadly not usually a good one.

Make sure if you do this deal its a postal money order (if he runs with the cash its mail fraud and a federal offense), and there are a few slick tools on the web that will tell you all you need to know about most anyone. You just need to know where to look. Good luck to you on this.

Later.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:00 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Eric, i would personally jump out on this one, i donot like his attiatude.

JMO

Zip.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I'd bail.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:37 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Eric, i would personally jump out on this one, i donot like his attiatude.

JMO

Zip.
Kinda what I was thinking.I mean his whole reply was "yes".Kinda like he didn't have time to waste on me.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:24 AM
shudahadav8
SHOW GUEST

I have only had two experiences purchasing on RJ, the first was great, great communication by email than phone, and then we met in person so I could pick up the parts, the second experience I'll be able to let you know about in a couple weeks. I'm currently deployed and will be back mid-march and I'm hoping the guy still has the parts so I can drive up and pick them up. I only deal with people I can drive to and deal in cash. I'll be posting a few things for sale in the coming future and the same thing goes, I won't ask you to ship so don't ask me to ship and I only deal in cash.

And to make things very clear, I told the guy if the parts sell before I get home it's perfectly fine, he's a stand up guy that does alot of bussiness on here.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:47 AM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

Okay,never been in this situation.What do I do now?Can exactly send the guy a message that says "I think your scamming me because of poor communication".Just rude to ignore him.What now?
Old 02-24-2008, 06:54 AM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

just politely back out, say something like "Thank you for taking time to help me with your item but I'm afraid I have found another yoke locally that I cannot pass up. You have a great price on yours and I am sure it will sell quickly here, good luck and thanks again for everything."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -