CANFIELD #23600 SBC HEADS

Old 02-21-2008, 07:01 PM
garyb69z
SHOW GUEST

Default CANFIELD #23600 SBC HEADS

ANYONE RUNNING THESE HEADS,I HEARD GOOD THING ABOUT THEM BUT NOT SURE HOW THEY COMPARE TO AFR OR DART. LOOKING TO PURCHASE A SET FOR MY 408 SBC.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:39 AM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

Those things are killer. I love those heads. For the money, for a 23 degree low port head, they make serious power, worked up properly. Even just mildly done, they will make good power.

They do use an off-set rocker though, which is one of the advantages of them. I wouln't buy complete heads, from a certain big mail order house in Wisconsin though. Trust me. If you want .010 run out valve seats, and cheap parts, then fine.

Frank
Advanced Performance
www.get-ap.com
Old 02-24-2008, 05:49 AM
garyb69z
SHOW GUEST

HOW DO THEY COMPARE TO AFR OR DART?
Old 02-24-2008, 05:55 AM
Pwmax
MASTER BUILDER

I like them better than AFR for sure. Dart makes some nice stuff. The thing you need to realize, AFR has to CNC their heads to make them even work ok. These, bowl blended and port matched even, will make some pretty serious power. I guess, when you say, how do they compare, what do you mean? And, compare to what? I mean, they have some features, the others don;t. Like power vs power?

Frank
Advanced Performance
www.get-ap.com
Old 02-24-2008, 08:15 AM
garyb69z
SHOW GUEST

I GUESS I MEAN OUT OF THE BOX POWER COMPARISON.HOW DO COMPARE TO A BRODIX TRACK-1? ARE THEY THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK HEADS
Old 02-24-2008, 09:46 AM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

I haven't used the Canfields, but I know a few that could not get them to work well, could have been the combo's they had. If I was in the market for new 23* heads, Darts castings are the finest and you can get their non-CNC to work well with minimal work. AFR CNC's their heads as a standard practice and also work well. Just remember when you look at the larger runner heads you have to go to offset shaft rockers. What is your 408 going in and what is your ET goal? Or street? Let me know all the rest of the parts you plan to use, trans, converter, gear ratio, vehicle weight.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:01 PM
garyb69z
SHOW GUEST

THANKS BUT I AM NOT LOOKING FOR COMBO ADVISE,JUST ASKING ABOUT THE HEADS AND IF ANYONE HAS ANY EXPIRIENCE WITH THEM.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:32 AM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Then reason for asking is that the # of SB heads out there gives you a lot of choices. Whether you want them for a 15mpg, 15 second street car or an 8 second dragster does come into play as to your choice. If your looking for non-CNC'ed heads, Dart is my favorite. They run well with very little port clean-up. The material, casting quality and machine quality are as good as it gets. For the price, there is no better. You can get them from 180cc to 230 cc depending on your combination needs. For CNC'ed heads, AFR edge them a little. You pay more for them. Canfields like all others will run and can be made to work OK, it just depends on you goals and combination to go with it, and how much you want to spend.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:43 PM
harleym
APPRENTICE

I have two sbc 406 engines with these heads(220). Make sure to use the stud girdle and offset rockers. They make very good power. Mine have the 2.10 intake and 1.6 ex valves. Aligning the rockers to the valves is a little tricky but easy to do. The correct pushrod length is very important. John @ Canfield is very helpful.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:48 PM
garyb69z
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by harleym
I have two sbc 406 engines with these heads(220). Make sure to use the stud girdle and offset rockers. They make very good power. Mine have the 2.10 intake and 1.6 ex valves. Aligning the rockers to the valves is a little tricky but easy to do. The correct pushrod length is very important. John @ Canfield is very helpful.
WHAT DO YOU USE THE ENGINES FOR,DRAG,STREET?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -