Aggravated with Koni Industries !

Old 02-21-2008, 03:14 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Aggravated with Koni Industries !

ok..time for me to vent and hopefully make someone aware of my situation in hopes of saving them some time and hassle.

I sent off a set of rebuildable double adjustable Koni shocks to Koni Industries 1/19/08 by UPS they arrived 1/23/08.

Before i sent them i called Koni and i was told their turn around time was 2 weeks maybe a little more.

So i called them on the 24th of January to make sure they had them..they did ( although i knew they did because i checked my tracking #)

they told me it would be a few weeks they were busy..i said Fine..cause i had other work to be doing on the vette......

Week #2 i called them and they said .." we are really busy its gonna be at least 2 more weeks"..

so i said ok..we will see ya then....
2 weeks pass and i call them today ( its been just a little over 4 weeks)

i spoke to the same guy and i told him "its been 2 weeks"..he acted like he didn't know what i was speaking of....

i told him they have had my shocks over 4 weeks..he said " ya sure we have had them THAT LONG" ,cause i do not see them on my sheet..i said YES i know for sure cause i am looking at the tracking # and i have spoke with you 3 times so far.....then he said oh yeah i see them now !.....

he said i will get to them this week...i said this is thursday !...

So the scary thought here is when would they have got to them if i had not called...would have they ever ?

i am not going to mention any names just yet,,cause they still have my shocks....but i would strongly urge anyone needing their koni shocks rebuilt to search out alternatives...you would think going straight to the manufacture their would have been a little better customer service..ya think ?

if i would have known this would have led into 5 weeks+..i would have purchased a new set of Shocks...
the only reason i sent these shocks off to koni is beacuse i was told it was a 2 week turn around plus the shocks are over $450 each new and rebuildable for $140 each plus parts..( about $400 in all)...so I WAS TOLD !!!!...

i had to get this off my chest...i am ILL !

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-21-2008, 04:08 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

That sucks!!Are the shocks holding you up right now?
Old 02-21-2008, 04:42 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Welcome to the club, Koni is the most unreliable shock rebuilder in the industry unless your name is Anderson or Johnson. They set everyone aside except the pros who run their stuff, and i think that's why so many other shock makers are doing good. I switched to QAI's a few yrs. ago and they work good also.

Zip.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:07 AM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by olds48
That sucks!!Are the shocks holding you up right now?
yes they are !

Old 02-22-2008, 04:19 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I know it sucks but sometimes it can't be helped...granted they shouldn't have told you 2 weeks. All last year where I work we were behind constantly with our parts we bend for Caterpillar. We were working 12 hour shifts for 13 months straight. We were doing the best we could but it wasn't good enough they were constantly upset...Like I said they were wrong to quote you the 2 week time frame but maybe they are just swamped and are doing their best. That don't help you too much though I guess. :? I don't blame ya for getting ticked off a bit.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:37 AM
sg1586
MASTER BUILDER

Warren J uses Strange shocks :shock: ....Go with Stantuff (sp?) or strange..IMO
Old 02-22-2008, 05:56 AM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

Brian, if they said the shocks would be ready in 2 weeks then they will be done in 2 weeks....

they just didnt say which 2 weeks.... :shock: :lol: :roll: seriously, I feel your pain there my friend.....
maybe this is one reason why Ed Wilson , (edvance, you know him...)
doesnt recomentd konis, part due to their poor quality these days, maybe this is why.
I have to wonder if their customer service is that bad, then how well are the shocks rebuilt.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:42 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by mcracecars
Brian, if they said the shocks would be ready in 2 weeks then they will be done in 2 weeks....

they just didnt say which 2 weeks.... :shock: :lol: :roll: seriously, I feel your pain there my friend.....
maybe this is one reason why Ed Wilson , (edvance, you know him...)
doesnt recomentd konis, part due to their poor quality these days, maybe this is why.
I have to wonder if their customer service is that bad, then how well are the shocks rebuilt.
Has me wondering now myself ?.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:51 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
I know it sucks but sometimes it can't be helped...granted they shouldn't have told you 2 weeks. All last year where I work we were behind constantly with our parts we bend for Caterpillar. We were working 12 hour shifts for 13 months straight. We were doing the best we could but it wasn't good enough they were constantly upset...Like I said they were wrong to quote you the 2 week time frame but maybe they are just swamped and are doing their best. That don't help you too much though I guess. :? I don't blame ya for getting ticked off a bit.

i hear what ya saying Tod and there might be some validity to what your saying...but on the flip side us Consumers can choose if we elect to do business with these comanys in the future.....and when you DO NOT have a Monopoly on an item or product (GAS) ...Then we ( consumer) can go the other way next time..

i know my business will not make or break Koni...but i can assure them that my $600 to $1,000 for shocks will go to some other company next time...

so your right there are two sides....

So i guess there is such a thing as being so busy you loose business ? :?: :idea:
Old 02-22-2008, 01:09 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

So i guess there is such a thing as being so busy you loose business ? :?: :idea:
Juice I wish that weren't true but the company I run a shop for makes products to test, measure and sample oil. We are in Oklahoma and getting enough help to keep up with the volume is a constant fight. Plus getting products from our venders keeps our sales guys busy not doing what has been done to you about deliveries. We are running about 8-10 weeks on our larger items. I'm not making excuses for them I can just see both sides.

Curtis[/quote]