What would you do ?

Old 02-21-2008, 02:53 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default What would you do ?

I sold a set of used Diamond pistons for a 555 I had on ebay. I called my motor guy (ho purchased these pistons new from diamond) to make sure he didnt do anything to the piston, he said nope all good. I took to a local shop to double check what they were I even called Diamond got the same #'s I got from the other 2 places. Put them on ebay sell them, guy buys them gets them 2 days later says comp height is not what I said (1.270) he says 1.250 , I told him to double check he then tells me 1.125. Sends them back to me and wants his $ back, which I am fine doing if I was wrong, but do I take the time to take them to another shop and get them checked. When I know they are going to say what the other shops have said. I have perfect feedback and first thing he said when emailing me was, he didnt want to mess up my rating and wanted his money back. Which I didnt care for. What would you guys do ? Just give him his money back and be done with the guy or check them again and send them back (another $30.00) when they check out ok ? We arent talking a ton of money but enough $300.00.

thanks for the input
Old 02-21-2008, 03:28 AM
dcarr511
JUNIOR BUILDER

If he's gotten two differant measurements in 2 tries and they are .125" differant ... My guess would be he has NO idea how to measure Comp. Height.

Personally .. I would give the guy his money back, he's not worth the hassle and you'll probably never be able to prove to him that the CH is in fact 1.270".

If you want to give him another try ... ask him what CH he is looking for .. exactly ... and have him take them to a shop and make the measurement ( and give you contact info to that shop ) and if they measure at 1.270 then he pays all the extra shipping / measuring cost.

Myself ... I'd count my losses and move on
Old 02-21-2008, 06:12 AM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

nah hammer, dcar gives it right, give him his money back and get rid
of him, seems he will make another excuse not to buy them, you
will hassel with this guy and then the postings of his transaction
with the pistons and then "scammer" will appear and just
get messy. then you'll think, i should have just got rid of him. 8)
Old 02-21-2008, 06:12 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

COUNT YOUR LOSSES AND MOVE ON---THE GUY DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE IS MEASURING :? :? ---YOU WILL FIND ANOTHER GOOD BUYER :lol: :lol: :lol: ----------LIVELY
Old 02-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Give him his money back and then leave him negative feedback. What can he say negative about you after you give a refund? If he tries to bash you for leaving the negative fb You will still look like a stand up guy for refunding the money when he was wrong and you were right.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:06 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Hammer ya just get rid of him it want be worth the hassle and all the crap he will try to put on you.

I get stuff like this all the time .
If he would have called diamond they would have told him the right comp.hgt from the part no#

I just went thru about the same thing last week with a guy that wanted a 11.1 piston the shop that was doing the work on his engine called and gave me the part no# for a je/srp piston witch says's it is 11.6 so he started throwing a fit that it wasn't what he wanted.

I told him thats what the machine shop ordered and with the piston being down in the hole it was 11.1 be he sent them back because they 11.6

tried to tell him that they are measured at zero deck but i just refunded his money and went on.
No need to try to please them all Cant be done.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:40 AM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

David, anybody that measures 1 1/4 once and 1 1/8 the next time you are beating your head against a wall to convince him what they are. The wife probably found out he spent the money and he is trying to get it back however he can.

Ron, you should have sent the guy a hand file and told him the were file fit 11-1. :lol: :lol:

Curtis
Old 02-21-2008, 03:35 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

What more is there to say that has not been said. Give him the money back and let him go. He aint worth a negative rating.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:56 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I agree cut your losses, and forget about the person. He obviously doesn't know how to measure the compression ht. I too have lot's of dealing on ebay 100% positive, i wouldn't leave any feedback just sell them another day.

JMO

Zip.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:28 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

and don't forget when you give the money back, burn out
on his driveway and front yard to show him the power that
the pistons made 8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -