CALLIES COMPSTAR SBC CRANK$

Old 02-07-2008, 02:31 PM
et7333
EXPERT BUILDER

Default CALLIES COMPSTAR SBC CRANK$

Who has the best price on Callies compstar 3.750 4340 sbc crank?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:49 PM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

Callie's controls the price we sell the comp star stuff for.if you invoice it under racers net and they see it you will no longer be a W.D with Callie's.
That crank you asked about is $593.00 Bill
Old 02-07-2008, 04:43 PM
et7333
EXPERT BUILDER

Thanks Bill
Old 02-08-2008, 07:41 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

That's a violation of the Sherman Anti-Trust laws. It's called 'price fixing'.

Callies, by Federal Law, can only control the advertised price. They can not control what an individual business sells at.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:43 AM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

Another way stores get away with pricing under is to offer rebates or free items with it.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:35 AM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC

Callies, by Federal Law, can only control the advertised price. They can not control what an individual business sells at.
A large amount of manufactures do this today,Dart,Brodix,Msd just to name a few. this only affects those of us who are warehouse distributors for there products. we cant advertise a product under Jobber and we cant sell under jobber unless its to another engine builder.Callie's insists on Racers Net for Compstar and jobber for the remainder of there line. we could sell for less but they cant be made to sell to us at W.D level,thats there option,if we don't play by the rules they will change our price level to jobber.Bill
Old 02-08-2008, 01:27 PM
edvancedengines
DYNO OPERATOR

Location: VA Hospital, Dallas, Tx (214 302 1924) cell-972-464-7400

A large amount of manufactures do this today,Dart,Brodix,Msd just to name a few. this only affects those of us who are warehouse distributors for there products. we cant advertise a product under Jobber and we cant sell under jobber unless its to another engine builder
Yep,
That is the way it is on most of the Hard Core Racing Products. I only WD the Hard Core and not the consumer products. There are exceptions though. Jegs, Sumit, Comp Products, Herbert can all advertise at Jobber and no one will slap their hands for it.

Ed
Old 02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by billhendren
Originally Posted by OneBadGMC

A large amount of manufactures do this today,Dart,Brodix,Msd just to name a few. this only affects those of us who are warehouse distributors for there products. we cant advertise a product under Jobber and we cant sell under jobber unless its to another engine builder.Callie's insists on Racers Net for Compstar and jobber for the remainder of there line. we could sell for less but they cant be made to sell to us at W.D level,thats there option,if we don't play by the rules they will change our price level to jobber.Bill
Well, again, thats a violation of Federal Anti-Trust laws. If the WD guys would ban together, you could push the issue in federal court. Legally, they can only control advertised pricing, not actual sale price.

How would they even know in the first place? Do you really think a customer is going to bite the hand that feeds them the good deal?
Old 02-08-2008, 08:01 PM
sds10racer
MASTER BUILDER

like most of us, they'd prob tell everyone about the good deal they got.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:37 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

I guess that's why I get better deals than most.

I know when to keep my mouth shut about actual pricing.

If someone asks how much I paid... My reply is simply "I got hooked up. See him and he'll take care of you."

Why fuck up a good thing, ya know?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -