ROOKIE NEEDS HELP. 2BBL CARB QUESTION?

Old 02-06-2008, 12:09 PM
BD74SS
APPRENTICE

Default ROOKIE NEEDS HELP. 2BBL CARB QUESTION?

I have a sbc chevy street stock car. The engines in my class are suppost to be stock. My question is, whats the best 2bbl to run, thats cheap, fits on a stock gm intake and where do i find one.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:17 PM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

holley 500s are good, I had one on an old truck a while back. It did a lot better then the stock 300 and bolted up fine. Jegs, Summit, RJ, etc has them for pretty cheap too.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:26 PM
sds10racer
MASTER BUILDER

if you have to run the rochester carb, go to speedway motors and look at the one on there. the guys at the race track where a friend of mine races uses one. flows and performs as good as the holley he had to take off due to rule change.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:36 AM
BD74SS
APPRENTICE

Default Will a 500 Holly fit a GM intake?

I was told buy the tech guy at Summit Racing that it wouldn't fit my gm intake because it was a square bore, or something like that. Is there certain Hollys that GM intakes?
Old 02-07-2008, 03:37 AM
BD74SS
APPRENTICE

Default opps

That "Fit" Gm intakes.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:31 PM
cncmotorsports
MASTER BUILDER

Default AED 500 cfm carb

The cheap speedway, or summit carbs are not worth buying, we see on the average of 20+ horsepower when switching to one of our AED 500 series carburetors. One of the best investments you can buy for your racecar to gain overall horsepower is buy a good carburetor.

They cheap carbs work ok if you get one that has no core shift in the main body. The Holley 2 barrel carb is the touchiest carburetor there is.
As for fitting on the gm intake, you need to buy a Rochester to 4412 carb adapters, which can be purchased most anywhere.