Pic of Tranny Hydraulic Fluid

Old 02-05-2008, 02:50 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Pic of Tranny Hydraulic Fluid

i just droped more than a few grand on a Glide Rated up to 2,000 HP...so i got to doing my home work and quite a few phone calls to some HIGH HP automatic Glide Boys and a few Bigger name tranny Guys..and here is what was the higher recommendation on what fluid to use..
i know this has been discussed in the past..but here is something you can see..
its ISO46 hydraulic Fluid..its Blue..i am sure this is just the Dye..

i am putting this in my New Tranny...hope this helps someone who is interested in running Hydraulic Fluid in your tranny..

[img][/img]

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-05-2008, 03:29 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

How much for 5 gallons?? and would you ever use any type of hydraulic fluid in a regular street tranny?? and of couse if not then why?
Old 02-05-2008, 03:35 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Perry it was $55 for 5 gallon bucket plus shipping..

u -know i did not ask them for street use..but the benefits expained to me for racing was excellent anti-wear properties in fluid and of course it runs cooler.....

so i will ask about street use next time i speak with one of these builders.
i will go out on a limb and say if your running a 350/400 turbo or a glide in a street car i do not see any problems with running it...if its good enough to run in 3,000 hp automatic glides..why not a 400 hp street car..but again i am not qualified to endorse this statement

Brian

Old 02-05-2008, 04:26 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Brian a buddy and I doubled up at Bowling Green Ten Tucks race last march he had freshened his tranny and his tranny guy (big name guy) told him to use this very same stuff. After 1 passes it felt like tranny was slipping, he felt and I did also. We pulled the dipstick and it was all foam so I asked him what he was using he told me. Took it about 20 passes before it finally was time to change it back to what he was using before and it worked fine. Just my 2 cents on this fluid.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:29 PM
thetanman101
JUNIOR BUILDER

I have very good results with Caterpillar's Hydramatic Trans/Hydraulic fluid. You can get it locally by the gallon. Holds up great even in their huge a$$ mining equip.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:46 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

yes i have spoken with one outlaw racer who has a best 1/8 mile et of 4.59 @160 mph true 10.5 tire and 3,000 lbs...says he would not run nothing else....good luck with it this year..i have already filled up the converter and tranny with it... 8)

Old 02-09-2008, 02:36 PM
lanham
MASTER BUILDER

Default fluid

I run the supertech Wal Mart brand hydraulic tractor and transmission fluid for racing and i have a 85 chevy pickup that i changed over to that fluid and it is a stock daily driver and works just fine.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:08 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by bjuice
yes i have spoken with one outlaw racer who has a best 1/8 mile et of 4.59 @160 mph true 10.5 tire and 3,000 lbs...says he would not run nothing else....good luck with it this year..i have already filled up the converter and tranny with it... 8)

Brian when you get it out and running let me know what you find out, I am always looking for something that works a little better. Maybe we just had bad luck that weekend ?!?
Old 02-10-2008, 01:13 PM
sg1586
MASTER BUILDER

Brian, That not the right stuff.. You need the stuff that says hydra/trans fluid.
Here's what others use with Very good results....
Old 02-21-2008, 09:55 AM
jbworkman9
SHOW GUEST

I have been running the john deer hy-guard for 2 seasons in my glide, have never had a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -