Going to 1st Back half race of 2008 tommorrow

Old 02-01-2008, 05:04 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Going to 1st Back half race of 2008 tommorrow

http://www.carolinadragway.com/

Going with a few friends to the 1st backhalf race tommorrow at Carolina Dragway " HOUSE OF HOOK" at Jackson S.C.

What makes this trip so interesting for me is ...the small block 383ci steel headed Alcohol blown motor ended up in the hands of some good friends of mine..they placed the motor in a mini- tubbed mustang 28x10 car...stock suspension type set up...

the car has just been re-done so its up in the air how it will hook....the motor is making about 1,000 hp right now at the current tune up..the air is still cool so it will be sucking down some good air

the mustang weighs 2550 without driver...would anyone like to take a stab at what it will run tommorrow ?

i will go ahead and say if the car hooks..it will run 5.38et at 128-130 mph range...

anyone care to place their bets......i will be taking video's and pics of each pass..

here was the motor when i had it in my 65 Nova

[/img][img]

Brian[/img]

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-01-2008, 05:23 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

sounds cool brian a chev motor in a ford SWEET!!!!! I like it !!!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 05:24 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Your kidding they are having races this time of year what's the weather like down there .
man it is cooold here rain snow and ice all in one.

I GOTTA GO FARTHER SOUTH>
Old 02-01-2008, 05:27 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

hey Ron..1st off i got the springs today..they looked Good...thanks !..

yes...1st race is tommorrow at Jackson..this is mid State....was 60's here this week..will be mid to high 50's tommorrow....maybe low low 60's mid state

check out the link i posted...real cool IHRA TRACK..

ok Mark and Ron..place your bets...i really have no clue since i am not famailer with the car..i know the motor is a freak steel headed small block.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 02-01-2008, 05:34 PM
rsrsfishslayers
MASTER BUILDER

We would have a race here also but we would have to remove the SNOW :evil: :evil: :evil:
CPT.RON
Old 02-01-2008, 06:03 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

Having a big race near Chattanooga, Tn tomorow and Sunday at Brainerd Optimist Drag Way...hope to get to go also and meet some guys I been conversing with..Have fun Brian...Oh I forgot to add, they run from the first weekend in Feb til last of Oct...
Old 02-01-2008, 06:13 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lotsof454sss
Having a big race near Chattanooga, Tn tomorow and Sunday at Brainerd Optimist Drag Way...hope to get to go also and meet some guys I been conversing with..Have fun Brian...Oh I forgot to add, they run from the first weekend in Feb til last of Oct...
perry I want pics, say hi to travis for me!!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 06:55 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

B i will say 5.60 those little tires i dont think will handle that blower very good but either way it will be a fun ride i bet.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:09 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

If it would hook, which i don't think it will. It could run 5 teens. By hooking i'm saying under 1.20 60' times. But with 28X10 tires i think it will run 1.25 plus 60' times and that will put it with good conditions at about 5.60.
The problem with roots type blowers is the HP is instant, where turbo's come on slow.
So i'm gonna say with a 200lb driver, car at 2750lb total, i'd be surprised if it runs better than 5.60 It could run a lot better if it hooks, maybe even closer to your prediction.

JMO

Zip.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:19 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by lotsof454sss
Hey Perry,
I remember that track from 40 yrs. ago when i first moved to SC. i couldn't believe a drag strip in between the N east/S west bound lanes on I-75 and even more unbelievable it's still there 40 yrs. later with the value of city land what it is today.

Zip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -