Outlaw Motor Speedway Under New Management

Old 01-30-2008, 01:16 PM
outlaw76
SHOW GUEST

Default Outlaw Motor Speedway Under New Management

Oktaha, Oklahoma - Outlaw Motor Speedway (8 Miles South of Muskogee, Oklahoma & 11 Miles North of I-40) is currently under new management.

Haskell, Oklahoma's Danny Womack reached an agreement with Outlaw Motor Speedway owners Gary and Theresa Clay to lease the 3/8th mile oval for the 2008 season with the option to purchase the six year old facility.

He will assume operations for the 2008 season. Womack will take on the promotional title for the new season with current facility manager Eric Shannon.

"After much thought and discussion over the past few months I wanted to give running Outlaw Motor Speedway a shot and see what we can do," said Womack."Gary and Theresa have built a great facility and laid the groundwork, I want to see if we can get the race track to the next level." "We have many small projects planned for the 2008 season and a few different amenities here and there. People will see some small differences in 2008 and some changes in bringing the excitement of racing back to this area again."

Gary Clay on Danny Womack leasing the race track - "We have owned and operated the race track since 2003 and right now we are just physically and emotionally drained and ready to get out of it. We eat, drink and sleep the track, it is just time for someone else to take over the reins. We wish Danny all the best in running and promoting the race track and we're anxious for 2008."

Womack leased Outlaw Motor Speedway after the scheduled season was complete to put on his own race called the "Fall Brawl" October 26-27th and was encouraged by the attendance numbers and increase car count from previous races. Boasting 168 cars for the race weekend, the "Fall Brawl" set a new car count record for Outlaw Motor Speedway, beating the old mark by 30 plus cars.

Many know Womack as piloting the yellow number three Economy Modified / Modified over the past decade, dominating in 2007 with 10 wins and collecting 19 A-Feature wins over the past four seasons.

The 2008 Schedule & 2008 rules are now availible at www.outlawmotorspeedway.com