Went to Firebird today

Old 01-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Xrated1
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Went to Firebird today

I have not been to a real drag race for 25 years, always been a fan and been to the local tracks and seen plenty of 6,7,8 second cars, but have not seen a top fueler make a full pass for a looooong time. Holy fook, my eyes are still watering from the nitro fumes, probly the most coolest thing I've ever seen . I was in Tony's pit when they fired her up, couldnt figger out why all his guys had full face masks on, WOW, 5 seconds later I was crying like a little girl. Gonna go back tomorrow if it doesnt rain, man, I'm hooked.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:25 PM
nitro63
JOURNEYMAN

welcome back Xrated1 , its been way to long for you to have forgotten what it feels like , take in a deep breath for me one time !!

and o yeah if the fumes only made you cry like a little girl , then you were to far from tony's car when they fired it up, get closer, every body knows that you stand there as long as you can , and not until , the eyes are burning and they are watering like a river , and your throat is screaming of pain as the fumes fill up your throat - do you realize ,
" what the f--k am i doing " , then you walk away ! then you find a place to catch your breath and you try to focus your eyes and notice that every body is laughing at you !! , then you hear another car fire up , and you run like hell to stand next to that car , and do it all over again

nitro63
Old 01-28-2008, 06:08 AM
Xrated1
JUNIOR BUILDER

Yup WAY too cool, shame it ws rained out Sunday. Sure wish I was going to Pomona.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:03 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Was John Force there testing/driving, just curious.

Zip.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Xrated1
JUNIOR BUILDER

Yes he ran today first pass he went out the back door set quick time and top speed, forgot to pull the chute and wound up in the weeds. All ok though.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:50 AM
greg3333
SHOW GUEST

is that cool or what?!!