dual plate systems??

Old 01-24-2008, 03:11 AM
HUNTER39
JOURNEYMAN

Default dual plate systems??

Is it possible to run two plate systems? 1st stage 125hp, 2nd stage 250hp. I'm new ti the nos thing so any input would be great. Thanks
Old 01-24-2008, 05:53 AM
gimmemud
MASTER BUILDER

Yes its very possible, just stack them up, But you will get better distribution if you buy a wilson cross plate, or a speedtech diffuser. I would highly recomend the speed tech diffuser. Edelbrock also sells a cross plate.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:57 AM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

it is possible and you probably wouldnt have any problems with stacking them but like gimmemud said, you will get better distribution if you just have one plate. Many people run a single plate with two stages of nitrous, just T right off the plate and run two nitrous solenoids and two fuel solenoids each jetted for your stage. just be sure to get a plate that can handle your final HP amount, there are a few 500hp plates out there from NOS, NX, Nitrous Supply, etc.

also, when you install it be sure to have the nitrous bar on top and the fuel bar on the bottom... the nitrous bar will have directional holes that point down and the fuel bar will have holes that point straight out the sides. you dont want to have nitrous coming out of your carb. :wink:
Old 01-24-2008, 10:14 AM
gimmemud
MASTER BUILDER

Thats not correct about running a single plate with 2 sets of solenoids, the jetting is done at the plate, not at the solenoids, so if you done that you wouldnt change anythinf from 1 stage to another, it has to be a double crossbar plate with 2 different sets of spray bars.

Not trying to be a smartass, just trying to make sure he gets correct info.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:43 AM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

you can buy 3-an jetted T fitting designed just for that application. (solenoid - 3an line - jet - T fitting - plate) same as a single stage plate setup except with a T instead of directly into the plate. go to any speed shop and ask for it and they can get it for you.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:04 AM
gimmemud
MASTER BUILDER

Maybe thats something I have never seen, if its a NOS or similar plate the jets are the flared part of the fitting and the hose wont connect without leaking without the jet. I have never seen this type of setup, but it may be possible. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:01 PM
v8Fiero
MASTER BUILDER

unscrew the single jet inlet fitting on your plate and screw in something like this http://www.holley.com/17255NOS.asp the Y fitting is actually better then a T. This is just one way of doing a dual stage with a single plate, you can get creative with -an fittings

good luck.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:34 PM
olds48
RACING JUNKIE

I always was told to run a 1" spacer between 2 plates to help seperate them
Old 01-25-2008, 05:36 AM
dcarr511
JUNIOR BUILDER

I now Wilson Manifolds offers a plate with 2 sets of spray bars in it. 1 set runs front to back and the other side to side. I'm sure others offer the same set up.