Thread: Fuel supply

Fuel supply

I have a gas motor with an 8 gal fuel cell and elertic pump in the back. I am swapping the motor to one with rons flying tolits. The motor has a belt drive pump. Can i just remove the elertic pump or do i need to fuel the motor from the front with the belt drive pump. Thanks for any help. Ted :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    If you want to save yourself any headaches. Put a fuel cell up front and use just the mechanical pump for the injection...or put a surge tank in the front feed the tank with the electric pump from the back and the surge tank feed the mech pump

I like opiton #1

TANK

I am having trouble finding room for a cell in front even if i move the radaitor to the back. Will a rear cell not work even with large lines? Is it to far for a mechanical pump to pull the fuel? Thanks Ted

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I've run a 12 gallon rear mounted cell feeding a cam driven enderle pump for years without issue.

Use a -12 line and you'll be fine.

We were doing 1.22 60 foot times with it. We're stepping up to a much higher HP motor and converting over to a front mounted cell for safety's sake.

Just make sure that the outlet of the tank is at the same height as the inlet of the front mounted pump and you'll be fine. Keep the tank topped off between rounds.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    onebadgmc;;;;do you run a surge tank up front?

Not until this coming season we haven't. There simply was not enough room, and we had no issues with starving the pump. There was no point in making one.

This was in an application making 1300 crank HP.

Our new combination will make upwards of 1800-2000 HP, and as such, we're moving the radiator to the bed, and replacing the radiator with a 2-gallon surge tank.

The surge tank will be fed by a belt driven Enderle 110 (13.2 GPM), while the motor will be fed by an Enderle 1200 (18.5 GPM).

Quote Originally Posted by dak697
    If you want to save yourself any headaches. Put a fuel cell up front and use just the mechanical pump for the injection...or put a surge tank in the front feed the tank with the electric pump from the back and the surge tank feed the mech pump

I like opiton #1
    This is the best way of doing it, cell in front. I am sure you'll find you wont pull enough fuel from the back with the Rons pump. email this guy and ask [email protected] this is James Monroe (Rons Tech) he will fill you in on the do's and donts with it.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

TANK

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. TED

9. Racing Junk