Whadya think???

Old 01-23-2008, 01:22 PM
nkg
JOURNEYMAN

Default Whadya think???

Ok maybe you guys can help me on this one. Been back and forth with this guy and he seems like he really wants the car. Hes owned a couple similar to it in the past. He wanted to know if I could bring the car to the transporter, then he said the transporter would come to me. I informed him that I would not release the car until the certified bank check cleared his bank and mine. He's still interested. He now wants me to fax a copy of the title to his "banker" so hes got something for his file. Sound fishy to you? Or is this a reasonable request. I figured I could make a copy of it and then write COPY ONLY in big black letters before I fax it to him. What do you guys think. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 01-23-2008, 01:26 PM
nkg
JOURNEYMAN

Oh yea am when I called the phone # he gave me, It was a fax machine
Old 01-23-2008, 02:28 PM
knova70
SENIOR BUILDER

It is a scam! that same email has been sent to others on here,If he wants the car bad enough?Tell him to pay in CASH!and in person,Thats the only way to do it right ,don't even think twice about it!
Old 01-23-2008, 02:41 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

You should be able to right up a purchase agreement that would satisfy a bank. I am an underwriter for a bank and speak from experience. It is easy to tell someone to bring cash but there are not to many banks that are going to hand cash to someone to go buy a car. If he is getting a loan then you can fax the purchase agreement to his bank and even cordinate a bank to bank wire transfer for release of funds.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:12 PM
knova70
SENIOR BUILDER

You dont need a copy of the title to get a loan?If he gets a loan for the car? He should be able to get cash for the purchase of the car on approval from the bank?Cash is the best way to deal!
Old 01-23-2008, 04:25 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

IF HE REALLY WANTS IT A DEPOSIT WOULD BE IN ORDER AT THIS TIME 8) 8) 8) ---GOOD LUCK AND BE EXTRA CAREFUL WITH THIS ONE!!!--LIVELY
Old 01-23-2008, 05:12 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

I would continue to try and contact him before I did anything and at that time he can tell you the banks number and his load officer...From there you should be able to verify the validity of his claims and calm yourself also...If you do fax a copy then by all means put "copy" on the title copy you send to his bank...

Be very careful with this transaction is my advice also...It may be 100% on the up and up but may not be...You need to keep posting the results and get opinions...These guys have seen and heard about all the scams out there so far...
Old 01-23-2008, 05:27 PM
nkg
JOURNEYMAN

This guy lives in South Dakota and I live in Florida. I think that is why he is a little cautious. Its not really around the block. But what would be his motive for asking for a copy of the title? Im asking cause Im curious.
P.S. its not a lot of money were talking...under 4k.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:31 PM
lotsof454sss
DYNO OPERATOR

It can be called DECEPTION....It may be truely an honest deal and I hope it is, but you are right...Florida to South Dakota for a 4 grand car :shock:

Please tell us more as to what kind of car etc...
Old 01-23-2008, 05:34 PM
mcracecars
EXPERT BUILDER

something dont add up here to me....check things out more before you start faxing off serial numbers and names and such....is the phone # a ligeit south dakota area code, .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -