Thread: Chevy flexplate question....

Chevy flexplate question....

Question... I have a (est) 500 hp or so 406 SBC that will not see NOS or a transbrake, will the low dollar SFI flex plates do the job or should I spend a little more on something from ATI or JW? Thanks... A

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I was running 6.90s in the 1/8 in a 3400 pound car(driver included)with 1.60 60's,with a stock flexplate.Est. about 625-650 hp.I put in a tci plate for peace of mind,but don't think you'll have a problem breaking any of them with your power level.Of course,if you over build now you'll be ready to go when you build that alky injected 540 .Safety first.You only have one set of toes!!
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you cannot confirm their validity"- Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    sorry for the off topic question but I noticed your screen name, are you by any chance from the city Sheboygan WI?
    1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
    418ci SBC v8, manual 5-speed.
    dual stage nitrous injected

Yes..... i'm involved with the "beat the heat" program in sheboygan as well.

A

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE jmarksdragster's Avatar
    SPEND THE MONEY! The cheap stuff doesn't last. I like the JW, but there are others that will work too.
    Mark Whitener
    http://racingfuelsystems.myfunforum.org

Good work isn't cheap, and cheap work can't be good.