meandean from Canada

Old 01-17-2008, 01:07 PM
derek03
SHOW GUEST

Default meandean from Canada

I bought a complete engine from meandean and he said in his ad and on the phone that everthing came with it. Well, when i received the engine he didnt include the zoomies like he said he would, and he pocketed the nearly $400 for shipping also.

EDIT
Old 01-18-2008, 04:15 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

If he just pocketed the money for shipping how did it get shipped to you?
Old 01-29-2008, 06:10 AM
sso2000
SHOW GUEST

Any more info on this?
Updates????
Old 01-29-2008, 09:28 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

add#####----MORE INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!---COMEON-IF YOU SCREAM CROOK THEN PUT UP MORE FACTS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!---LIVELY
Old 01-30-2008, 11:50 AM
meandean
APPRENTICE

Well folks there is two sides to every story. I sold Ben this engine (A Complete Blown Injected BBC) for $8800 dollars down from original asking price of $9800. I crated and delivered the engine to the shipping dock and did all the leg work for the shipping (for free). I also covered the shipping costs $387.00 and ate $400 dollars in exchange as the Canadian dollar was stronger at the time. After the deal was done Ben asked to have the zommies as he consider them to be included in a "complete engine" as I had advertised on RJ.

Long story short we had no plans to use the zommies in question other then for mock up so I agreed to send them if he covered the shipping about $80. Since this conversation/offer I have recieved several nasty e-mails, calls from Ben calling me a liar and so on and still no $80.

Ben you saved $1787 on a $9800 engine I can't do anymore, if that makes me the bad guy so be it.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:54 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by meandean
Well folks there is two sides to every story. I sold Ben this engine (A Complete Blown Injected BBC) for $8800 dollars down from original asking price of $9800. I crated and delivered the engine to the shipping dock and did all the leg work for the shipping (for free). I also covered the shipping costs $387.00 and ate $400 dollars in exchange as the Canadian dollar was stronger at the time. After the deal was done Ben asked to have the zommies as he consider them to be included in a "complete engine" as I had advertised on RJ.

Long story short we had no plans to use the zommies in question other then for mock up so I agreed to send them if he covered the shipping about $80. Since this conversation/offer I have recieved several nasty e-mails, calls from Ben calling me a liar and so on and still no $80.

Ben you saved $1787 on a $9800 engine I can't do anymore, if that makes me the bad guy so be it.
If the zoomies were in on ad and everything was suppose to go why werent they shipped the first time ? As a seller you have to be able to take a guy wanting to buy for less if you didnt want to sell for less you didnt have to ? right ? Also as a out of states seller you should of covered yourself on exchance rate. If it was me and I said everything goes in the ad and forgot to send zoomies I'd send them on my own dime. Just my 2 cents
Old 01-30-2008, 12:22 PM
meandean
APPRENTICE

Thanks for the feed back, but the zommies were never part of the deal. The picture in the ad showed my whole car. I sent him a complete engine injection hat to pan, all sfi shields related to the engine, blower belt, fuel lines, and pump, dist, wires, plugs basically all componets bolted to the engine except the exhaust and trans. Ben did not ask for the zommies until he had recieved the engine. It was at that time I agreed to send them (extra) if he covered the shipping. In reference to the exchange it had no effect on the deal and I did advise Ben of the exchange rate change at the time of the deal but agreed to eat it as I did not note which funds the transaction was to be done in. I made mention of the exchange in my responce as an indicator of my williness to work with Ben to make the deal go well. I think its disgusting that I have to waist my time and effort defending myself from someones lies. I gave Ben a killer deal on a great engine and then stood on my head to make it work for him. People will believe what they want to believe I can't and won't do anymore unless I'm compesated for it.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:50 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
If he just pocketed the money for shipping how did it get shipped to you?
STILL HAVE NOT GOT THE ANSWER TO THIS ????????--COME ON AND REBUFF[ MEANDEAN]'S STATEMENT SO THIS GETS SETTLED NICELY WITHOUT FALSE COMPLAINTS :? :? :? DID IT STATE IN THE ADD THE ZOOMIES WERE INCLUDED/THE TRANS INCLUDED/OR THE CAR/ OR WHATEVER???---LIVELY
Old 01-30-2008, 02:15 PM
nkg
JOURNEYMAN

Ad #???
Old 01-30-2008, 03:29 PM
meandean
APPRENTICE

Howdy, the ad number was 972417, it does not mention zoomies, it say complete engine you name its there. In my opinion a cars exhaust is not part of the engine nor is the trans and conv. Everything else in the ad was shipped in perfect order at the price I stated in my last respounce. Just remebered when we pulled the engine I noticed the starter drive was cracked so on top of this all I gave him A BRAND NEW STATER.

In closing I was whilling to GIVE him the zoomies if he covered the shipping, as I has already covered the engines shipping. In fact they are sitting on the shop floor in a box ready to go, and have been for two months. Can't see sending them now would rather bolt them to my bench.

How is it people like this are able to post crap without recourse, I'm a sand up person who believes in being honest and trust worthy and this crap drives me around the bend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -