Anyone been to Roy Hill's Drag Racing School?

Old 01-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Xrated1
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Anyone been to Roy Hill's Drag Racing School?

Thinking about going, bought a 9 second bracket car this fall, never been off a tree and think this may not be a bad way to learn. Any comments?
Old 01-11-2008, 03:22 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

heck ya if you got the means to go, That would be way kick ass!!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 03:59 PM
rsrsfishslayers
MASTER BUILDER

I dont know I am the kind of guy that learns on my own Paying someone to tell me when to hit the gas I am sure that there is a lot more to the school but I will tell you one thing I did learn I had a 9sec vega and if you wait till the light turns green to go its to late... :lol: :lol: :lol: When I frist got my car I wanted to take it out and run it so bad but what I did was I went to the race track and wacthed everything and the best thing that was told to me is DO EVERYTHING THE SAME EVERY TIME.
Good luck you will be fine just have fun
CPT.RON
Old 01-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Racefab57
DYNO OPERATOR

YOU BETTER HAVE A THICK SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! David. He likes to yell!
Old 01-12-2008, 05:30 AM
Robert68
SHOW GUEST

Does any one know about how much it cost?
Old 01-12-2008, 05:57 AM
jmtire
JOURNEYMAN

Have you ever raced before? I'd go test & tune to learn my car first, get use to it. What's it cost to t&t $15-20 bucks,you can make alot of passes for what cost to go to school. I started with a '56 chevy 6cyl--slowwww. Now I have 2 sons & 3 S/C dragsters, it's a good way to start. anybody agree?
Old 01-12-2008, 07:53 AM
Xrated1
JUNIOR BUILDER

I'm like everyone else, I've been racing something unofficially all my life, just never been down a track or off a light. It seems I have a fair amount invested in my new race program and when I saw the add for Roy's race school I thought it may be a good opportunity to learn this great sport a little quicker than by trial and error. If I were 20 years younger I prolly wouldnt even consider it but at this stage of my life I wonder if more and quicker isnt better.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:55 AM
jmtire
JOURNEYMAN

I'm soon 53, and got CRS!!! can't remember sh---- can't remember what my wife said this morning. I'm old school, have to learn the hard & slow way, I've been lucky to find friends at the track, they always are ready to help, How much can your brain soak in a 1 or 2 day school? Maybe I'm just a tightass!!!!
Old 01-12-2008, 09:50 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

I'm with jmtire, on this one, go to the track T&T, best way to learn the tree is with a stocker, heck even your daily driver. OOPS !!!, make that your wife's daily driver in case you break it. :lol:
I've been racing all my life since 16 yrs. old and still learn something everytime i go to the track. age don't mean crap if you still feel good, i'm knocking on the door of 69yrs. old, and am in the process of building a blown alcohol Anglia.
I think the schools are good if you're going professional racing, in a super fast and dangerous car. But for the 1,000's of racers that make up drag racing (not the pro ranks) they cost too much money for too little gain.

JMO

Zip.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:51 AM
kw89425
MASTER BUILDER

i would think it would cost alot less to go to the track a few times for test and tune to learn the tree than to pay a large sum of money for somebody to tell you when to do whatever. if you wait on the green your late anyway right. if you think about it we all do things a little different from everybody else anyway. if the class was on chassis setup and so on it might be ok. in the end its up to you and what you feel like you want or need to do. i would like the chance to get in a truely fast car as i will never be able to afford to go super fast. i couldnt justify the money for the class but thats just me. good luck to you which evey way you go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -