WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

Old 01-11-2008, 12:27 PM
rsrsfishslayers
MASTER BUILDER

Default WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK

I have a chance to buy a 1967 Chevelle malibu it has a salvage title but it is in very nice shape non maching number car The question I have is do you think the salvage title make the car worth less. I am only buying it to turn around and sell it. What do you think it is worth it has a 350 sbc with 100 miles on it and has a small rust spot coming up on the hood you have to look hard to see it nice tires and wheels 2dr hard top so what do you guys think.
CPT.RON :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 01-11-2008, 12:45 PM
spib
RACING JUNKIE

my wife is a loan officer at a bank, a lot of banks wont loan on a salvage title, her bank wont!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:42 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

not sure in your state but in nv. when you buy soming with savage title you got to go to dmv and get a mech check list..you then go to a license shop and have a mech check everything on list[steering-lights-front end-brakes]then you take paper work and car back to dmv for vin number check and then they issue you a new title.once this is done then car no longer is a savage title anymore.check your state dmv to see what you need to do to get a good clean title first before buying.as was said already..lot of places won't do loans on savage title cars and a lot of buyers won't buy cars this way..