Thread: Opinions on wheel offset?

Senior Member DYNO TECH

Opinions on wheel offset?

OK guy's, I've been working on the Camaro again and trying to decide what to do about wheel offset. With rear housing, and wheels (6 inch backspace) I have now, my 16 x 33's are about 7 1/2" inset from the edge of the fender. This is way to much in my opinion. If I go to a 15x15 wheel with 3 1/2" backspce it gets me to 4 7/8" from fender opening which is close to where it needs to be.

Have any of you seen or heard of a wheel with more back space than
    3 1/2"? I think 3" would be perfect, Haven't been a real fan of them, but what about a 1/2" wheel spacer, I know some guys run them, some say don't, not sure what the IHRA /NHRA rules say? Any thoughts? :?
    'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.'

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.adinms.com/sitebuildercon...junkresize.jpg

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    DONOT, use wheel spacers, in fact use drive lugs (5/8") if you have any HP 1/2 studs will eventually break. My friend Jimmy Smith spit off a wheel in the 3rd round, with a 7.00 car and the studs were only 1 yr. old.

JMO.

Zip.

Senior Member DYNO TECH
    I have the large 11/16" - (5/8") studs.
    'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have.'

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.adinms.com/sitebuildercon...junkresize.jpg

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    My Alumistars have 3" backspace.

Curtis

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    NHRA does not allow any kind of rim spacers and will get you a no pass quicker than a cat can lick his azz.
    I bet if you called weld or centerline and told them your problem they would make some one offs for your application.
    Goodluck >< Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***