BEWARE OF A KELVIN DEDMON IN IL.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:52 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default BEWARE OF A KELVIN DEDMON IN IL.

here is the deal;;this guy contacted me about buying a set of new diamond pistons i had on RJ for sale;;i informed him i was selling pistons because i wanted to go with higher comp pistons..he informed me he had what i needed so i told him if he wanted we would trade pistons.he said he would check to be sure his pistons would work for me..he got back hold of me a few days later saying his would be right for me and we exchanged addresses.i sent my pistons to him on or about dec 12th[give or take a day or two]..waited 2 1/2 weeks and no pistons .called him and he informed me his pistons he was tradng me was wrong size so he said he would just buy mine.i droped price down for him $100.00 because i'd seen a set on RJ i needed for $100.00 less then what i wanted for mine.thought i'd help him out that way.all i wanted was a set of pistons i could use.he said he would send money that day..that was 3 days before christmas;;as of today i have not seen any money for my pistons..i've called him 3 times in the last week and half and he doesn't answer his phone..i get answer machine saying it is unique motorsports;;i left 3 messages asking if he has sent money yet for pistons and if so when it was sent and if not then when will he be sending money;;have got no return calls from him..STARTING TO FEEL I'VE BEEN SCAMED;;you guys think i'm jumping the gun here..if so i'll delite this warning?
HIS INFORMATION;;DOES ANYONE KNOW HIM?

KELVIN DEDMON
308 FAIRVIEW HEIGHTS IL. 62208
PHONE;;618-567-1804
Old 01-04-2008, 08:54 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

YOU AREN'T JUMPING THE GUN AT ALL----KEEP CALLING AND EMAILING HIM----IF IT IS A BUSINESS LISTING THEY MIGHT HAVE ANOTHER # ALSO---GOOD LUCK AND HOPE YOU GET THIS STRAITENED UP---LIVELY IN ILLINOIS 8) 8)---DOES HE HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS????
Old 01-04-2008, 09:13 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

he didn't give me one.he got my phone number off my RJ ad and called me.we have only talked on phone only..
Old 01-04-2008, 10:49 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

I know Kevin (not Kelvin) personally, and called him using the number you posted.

Amazingly he picked up on the 4th ring. Not sure how I got through so easily when you didn't.

I told him about this thread and how to reply to it.

He said he's not screwing you, and you should already have your money.

I would imagine he'll be responding shortly.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:57 AM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

onebadgmc;;;;;;;thank you for contacting him..yes he was very nice on phone everytime i talked to him.that is way i didn't mind sending pistons right to him without anyhing in return first..i really didn't want to make a post on here because i still felt deep inside he was a honest person..just kept waiting and then when i couldn't reach him to last 3 phone calls i got scared that i was getting taken again on here..i've been nailed 3 times on this site and was hopping not to be a 4th time..he did call 2 times today to resend the money to me but i was at doctor office so missed his calls.he has gave me his bank phone number so i can do a bank transfer..i've got to go to hosiptal now for 3 hours for treatment BUT I WILL TRY AND CALL KELVIN ON PHONE AND PERSONAL APPLASIZE FOR THIS THEARD and going to try and remove it also from here.
there again
thank you onebadgmc for your help.
don
Old 01-04-2008, 12:15 PM
hotrodharley
EXPERT BUILDER

PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLIZE TO KELVIN DEDMON AND EVERYONE ELSE ON HERE FOR JUMPING THE GUN ON KELVIN;;RIGHT AFTER POSTING THIS THEARD I RECIEVED PHONE CALL FROM KELVIN STATING HE HAD MADE A MISTAKE ON MAILING ADDRESS AND GOT THE CHECK HE SENT ME BACK TO HIM FOR WRONG ADDRESS.HE CONTACTED HIS BANK FOR THEM TO DO A TRANSFER TO MY BANK ACCOUNT;;
IT IS VERY HARD TO KNOW HOW MUCH TIME A PERSON SHOULD WAIT BEFORE LISTING SOMEONE ON HERE.MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE WAITED ANOTHER DAY OR SO.I HONESTLY TRY TO CALL KELVIN 3 TIMES BEFOR DOING THIS..
I'M GOING TO TRY AND GET THIS THEARD REMOVED FROM HERE IF ANYWAY AT ALL I CAN..

SORRY KELVIN DEDMON FOR MAKING POST ON HERE.I SHOULD HAVE KEPT TRYING TO CONTACT YOU..
MY MISTAKE ON MY END
DON
Old 01-04-2008, 01:51 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Glad it's been resolved.

I didn't figure Kevin would be trying to screw anyone.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:08 AM
moose102
SHOW GUEST

This guy (Kevin Dedmon) is "flighty". I advertized an RV here and told him he had to purchase through ebay. He got a little pissy because someone else looked at it and wanted to buy it but I told him if he wanted it to bid on ebay. Well he won the bid over the person who had already looked at it and was willing to buy it. Kevin won the RV by 100. ($8000.) when he came to look at it he didn't like the blemishes I had warned about or the small bathroom I had good pictures of. He didn't take it and wanted his money back, I followed my wife's advice and gave it to him and even though he ruined a legitimate buyer for me because the buyer purchased a different one. He didn't offer any compensation for the trouble he cause and doesn't care. I hope you think hard about dealing with this temperamental idiot. He is trouble.

Last edited by moose102; 07-15-2017 at 02:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:02 PM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Holy ancient post revivals!!!

As close to "Normal" as I can get...