THROTTLE LIMITER

Old 01-02-2008, 11:04 AM
iceberg3895
SHOW GUEST

Default THROTTLE LIMITER

RUNNING 12.00 bracket have to slow car down.Thinking about the morso 65040 limiter? Anybody run this type ?or is there a better fixed stop out there.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:10 AM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

I'd fab something adjustable to mount under the pedal. That way you're not overstressing your cable or linkage....
Old 01-02-2008, 12:31 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Make restrictor plates to run under the carb. You can vary the hole size by small amounts and be able to tune to different air conditions once you get some data on them.

Curtis
Old 01-02-2008, 12:43 PM
iceberg3895
SHOW GUEST

Originally Posted by doorracer
Make restrictor plates to run under the carb. You can vary the hole size by small amounts and be able to tune to different air conditions once you get some data on them.

Curtis
Have you ran this set up or know some that has,to get some kind of base line?
Old 01-02-2008, 03:16 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

How much do you need to slow it down?

Why not just take a couple degrees of timing out?
Old 01-02-2008, 04:05 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by iceberg3895
Originally Posted by doorracer

Curtis
Have you ran this set up or know some that has,to get some kind of base line?
I myself haven't I just know of people who have so I don't have any sizes or anything like that. I haven't done any index racing although I am thinking about running a 10.00 class this year and I plan on doing it myself.

Curtis
Old 01-06-2008, 11:32 AM
sc3314
JUNIOR BUILDER

You should have some kind of stop under the pedal. Like someone said, not to stress the cable. Also, all the travel you need is WOT.

If you install a bolt under the pedal. You can adjust it very close to what you need to run. For a street class, I would not get to crazy with electronics.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:55 PM
dak697
MASTER BUILDER

Years ago..Before electronics became the norm for slowing cars down. A guy that raced SC with an injected altered used the bolt under the pedal...each turn was worth @ .007 in time...Seemed to work well for him.. Another guy that ran S/ST ran a BBF with 2 vac. carbs on it. He drilled holes in the vac rods and would put clips in a hole to limit how much secondary the car would see... both are examples of limiting the total throttle the motor would see
Old 01-07-2008, 10:23 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: THROTTLE LIMITER

Originally Posted by iceberg3895
RUNNING 12.00 bracket have to slow car down.Thinking about the morso 65040 limiter? Anybody run this type ?or is there a better fixed stop out there.
Like doorracer said, my friend Jimmy Smith runs a 67 Camero, it will run 6.70,1/8 mile. He only runs the 7.00 heads up class. I being a machinest made him about 10 restrictor plates out of 1/32" alum. He goes and makes a couple passes to see what the weather is, and then changes the plates. I made them in .025 increments on the hole sizes. In the last 5 events he has won 2 and runnered up on 1. The last event he ran the worst of 7.03 and the worst tree of 5.11. Needless to say he likes that system.

JMO

Zip.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:39 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

My question too..How much do you need to slow it down ?...seems to me in the 1/4 mile over the 12.00 range you could so something other than a throttle stop on something like you mentioned..
i agree with taking out the timing//thats how they slow em down from the funny cars on down ( little more sophisticated with electronics but never the less the same reults as backing down your distributer).

my 2 cents.
Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -