Selling race cars

Old 12-30-2007, 08:02 PM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Selling race cars

Is it just me or are you guys all seeing a VERY soft market for cars right now, I'm guessing that money is alot tighter than we all thought. Of course, I'm selling a dragster of which there are 750 or so on any given day! But, I remember when I bought this car it was on there for many months. I would assume that during the season might be a better time to sell. I'd like to have a new ride but if this one doesn't sell - it doesn't owe me a thing! Just wanting to get some feedback from those who have sold or are repeat sellers on here. Cheers and have a great '08! :shock: :lol: 8) JB
Old 12-31-2007, 02:50 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Its for sure a buyers market right now. People just dont want to spend money, dragster market is flooded right now. Problem I see is there is a lot to choice from and as a seller you have to make a buyer want your car by pricing it dirt cheap. I see a lot of used cars on there for only a few thousand less then new. I personally will spend the few thousand and get a new car. Flooded market means you should be willing to sit on it awhile sometime it just takes the right person.

Remember pictures are everything ! Good luck selling !
Old 12-31-2007, 10:54 AM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default sale

Hammer, I agree with your post wholeheartedly, another thing I see is that it seems like there are not a lot of buyers (or lookers) on the west side of the U.S. There are a lot of listings mainly east of the Big Muddy, so I assume there are more prospective buyers out that way. I'll just sit tight and see what shakes out! 8) JB
Old 12-31-2007, 12:15 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

There is always a buyer out there just takes time ! A few cars I thought I'd never sell and always seems I sell them just when I dont think I will. West Coast will make it harder to sell you are right, good luck and happy new year !
Old 12-31-2007, 03:39 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I have had my car for sale for a while. I am giving everything but the kitchen sink. I got an 05 that is now priced the same as 02-03 dragsters. The market is dead. Either the buyer wants a $5k older hardtail or a $50K chromed out, brand new car.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:01 PM
sc4405
JUNIOR BUILDER

Yup shawn I feel your pain. Actually I was still considering your double-suspended car since it's back on the market. Pretty decent buy if I must say so myself. But I gotta sell first.... :roll: :cry: 8) JB
Old 12-31-2007, 06:24 PM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default dragster

hey im with ya ive got a top sportsman dragster 263 long not more than 20 easy[?] passes on it and i cant give it away[dont even go there] its just setting in my other enclosed trailer taking up valueable lawn mowing stuffs room! heck ive even tried to trade it off but either they want you to give it to them or they want to trade ya a bunch of "junk" for it. its not costing me anything but id love for some one to have this car its a great car but i dont need it . engine is in the wrong place! lol mike
Old 12-31-2007, 08:14 PM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

It hasnt been easy to sell a $50,000 dragster either. I have had mine on here for a while, I think its just to early. For some people to move up they have to sell thers first, i know i did.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:33 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

I think there are a couple things people fight on here. Unless it says Undercover, Mullis, Worthy, Racetech or Danny Nelson it is hard to sell. There are a lot of great local shops. I still consider American, TNT and Diamond to be local builders. Then there are regional guys like Miller and M&M. Some old names like Bos, Spitzer and S&W that carry reputations as top dragster or light weight comp cars get passes by because of the old reputation.

A lot of guys are looking at wheelbase as an issue. The 250 plus cars have lost interest to some of the top dragster crowd with the advances in chassis and suspension technology. There are a lot of 235-245 wheelbase swing arms and 4 links out there in the top dragster crowd. It is easier to load and takes less trailer with this wheelbase. Makes it easier to haul more than 1 car.

JB from Dragstersforsale.com said it the best to me. He said:" Shawn, people want everything for nothing and you want to be able to get everything by giving up nothing." Bottom line, find what you can give away with the car that makes your deal the most appealing.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:50 AM
oobob
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Money's tight right now, 1 thing on here is it's free to post ad's so why not put your car for sale. 90% of the cars on this site are over priced, i just sold an 02 racecraft 4 link for 14,000 and was happy. We were looking for a loaded 06 or 07 model but people want more than you can get a new one.
If everything works as good as it looks i'll be in hog heaven in my 08 mullis swingarm.

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -