this is unbelievable !!

Old 12-17-2007, 04:11 PM
zano
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default this is unbelievable !!

i have a 41 willys. i purchases ac and heater bulk heads from summit. billet specialties part #66825 and 66720. thought the heater bulk head was slip on hose to a n o-ring like my fuel line. here it is slip on hose to 10 a n ac fitting.i couldn't figure out how to go from ac to the water pump and manifold for heat. called billet speciaties guy says call russel we use there fittings called russels they didn't know called summit tonight on hold for 43 minutes the guy came back says they don't know call billet. i'm calling billet in the morning see if i can talk to someone different. i can't believe they sell a fitting you can't use anyone ever have a problem like this that knows what fittings to use ? thanks zano
Old 12-18-2007, 12:35 AM
SST4530
DYNO TECH

post some pic's
:!:
Old 12-19-2007, 02:01 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

sorry to tell you Zano..but its not the 1st time and will be far from the last time you run into stuff like this as long as you are in this hot rod business.

if a person cannot learn or posess some minor fabrication skills in this hot rod world..get out or have plenty of money OR BOTH...cause nothing ever fits right off the shelf or as it should..
Not in my world anyhow.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 12-19-2007, 07:43 PM
margaritaman
JUNIOR BUILDER

Originally Posted by bjuice
if a person cannot learn or posess some minor fabrication skills in this hot rod world..get out or have plenty of money OR BOTH...cause nothing ever fits right off the shelf or as it should..
Not in my world anyhow.

Brian
You're not alone. Sort of like the response I got for my brand new blower manifold. "Oh that intake requires the purchaser to machine clearance for the valve covers." huh? :?:
Old 12-19-2007, 08:35 PM
jmarksdragster
RACING JUNKIE

I seems like everything I buy anymore should have a label on it "Reengineering required". I bought a trans cooler from Jegs and it blew out the gasket on one end on the first pass. Upon taking it apart, the rubber they had used had swollen and softened from the trans fluid. I had already built a bracket and mounted it, and a new one would have done the same. I just made my own gaskets out of a better material. And that was one with an easy fix... :?
Old 12-19-2007, 08:45 PM
deepockets
CRAFTSMAN

just like the moroso fabricated valve covers for my bbc, that claim they clear t@d rockers. ya right not with dart heads! i'd post a picture of the custom clearancing i had to do, but there on the engine. it is a blessing when things go as expected.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:29 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

I know a guy that purchased a brand new dart aluminum block that was suposed to be ready to go and then had to have it decked.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:17 AM
insane4fbodys
SENIOR BUILDER

Everything you buy anymore should just read UNIVERSAL fit. As everything needs some kind of tweaking. Use to toys always said 'batteries not included" now then I've gotten older the packages should say brackets, bolts, bandaids and a case of beer required before assembly, LOL
Old 12-20-2007, 05:19 AM
billhendren
MASTER BUILDER

Originally Posted by Tod74
I know a guy that purchased a brand new dart aluminum block that was suposed to be ready to go and then had to have it decked.
All new Dart blocks require decking,boring and honing with torque plates,lifter bore resizing and usually align honing to size.Bill
Old 12-20-2007, 05:23 AM
mikeaton
MASTER BUILDER

Default just install

yep you guys know it. how about the world famous claim" just add your engine and trans and go racing!" o yea as the post above said just a little modification is required. heck ive spent more money buying equipment to"modify parts" than the parts cost! lol. racing, dont ya just love it! make a small fortune in racing, just start out with a large fortune! mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -