JD's Performance in Wapello,IA

Old 12-12-2007, 11:05 PM
sprint3
APPRENTICE

Default JD's Performance in Wapello,IA

Has anyone done business with this company? Anyone know them? Bought some stuff off ebay..have not gotten it yet..talked with the gentleman once and seemed ok...but it has been several weeks..anyone???? The fellows name is Jerry Lauber...ring any bells????
Old 12-25-2007, 07:42 PM
avpig
SHOW GUEST

What did you buy? I have the same issues with a set of 348 heads. I leave him phone messages and he has e-mailed me twice promising shipment. I am a cop and I am going to prosecute for theft. He is racing, so he must have at least some money. I joined a site called Iowastockcars.com where Mr. Lauber posts continuously. I will be contacting him there whether I get my heads or not. I'm sure he would be thrilled to see you on there as well. Maybe his friends do not know what a quality individual Mr. Lauber is. I will be happy to let them know. His profile name is "2badi1". He was on there Christmas Eve. My number is 623-694-2941 if you want to contact me and possibly be a victim in my theft report.

Jeff Williams
Old 12-26-2007, 06:03 AM
davis419b
EXPERT BUILDER

Jeff... If you still need some 348 heads I know an honest guy who has some . PM me if your interested ! Don
Old 12-26-2007, 01:54 PM
qtrmile2
DYNO OPERATOR

Default heads

I bought a set of heads from him off e bay. Never again. It took months of phone calls and e-mails. I did finally get the heads. I will never do business with him again. Felt very uncomfortable in the deal the whole time. I think you'll get your heads it just takes months of B.S.
Good Luck!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:14 PM
sprint3
APPRENTICE

My parts should arrive in the next few days according to the tracking numbers..now if they are as advertised...we will see...Lots of phone messages left..did speak to him on the phone once...promises unfullfilled..finally had to get the sherriff after him to get my stuff...good luck...I would call SGT Joss Helser@ 319-523-4371...he has been very helpfull..
Old 12-29-2007, 02:56 AM
avpig
SHOW GUEST

He called me last night and accused me of not reading my e-mails. Claims he sent me one Saturday with tracking numbers and that he could not get to a post office earlier due to bad weather in Iowa. Claims he was on vacation and that was why he was not responding to my calls or e-mails. Was a little upset when I told him that I could see every time he was online with iowastockcars.com and that he was full of crap. He claims my heads are on the way. He was also mad that I got a good deal on the heads-what do you expect from ebay? Anyway, I don't think I would buy anything from him again-no matter how good of a deal it was. I am going to visit my sis in Iowa this summer. I may stop by Mr. Lauber's house and say hi.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:29 AM
sprint3
APPRENTICE

My parts arrived today...seem to be as advertised...lots of bs via the internet....more emails from him in the last 24hrs than the previous month and a half....all my fault for calling the sherriff....blah..blah..blah...glad I am done with him...look out guys...if your going to purchase anything from him...better pick it up....
Old 12-29-2007, 12:01 PM
avpig
SHOW GUEST

I contacted the sheriff this morning. Thanks for the info. Make sure you call him and let him know you got your stuff-thats what he wants me to do. Hopefully he got scared and sent mine out too. Apparently there are several more people that are having the same problems with Lauber. I don't think I will buy anything from someone who does not have a paypal account.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:14 PM
sprint3
APPRENTICE

Talked to the sgt. yesterday...glad that I called....one less thing for him to track on this guy....good luck on your heads.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:40 AM
avpig
SHOW GUEST

Got my heads today. He must have shipped them out at the same time. They look good from what I can tell-will take them to the machine shop Friday. Don, I am still interested in your friend's heads. Thanks.